The latest on the rollout

Please send all applications of this type along with a copy of your ID to FREEPOST FREETRADEā€¦

3 Likes

:laughing:

(We might need a sarcasm emoji or sign over time. Although this one was obvious!)

1 Like

Love the descriptions - Direct Line - Synonymous with the phone on wheels.:joy:

8 Likes

HL.: they offer advisory services and third-party investments for individuals and corporates. For a lot of money. :cat:

8 Likes

Shots fired

3 Likes

Apologies if this has been mentioned as sometimes difficult to follow all the threads.

Is there an update on the roll out? i.e. do we know a date that Freetrade are targeting to roll out by?

I donā€™t believe thereā€™s a specific date. Iā€™m not even are thereā€™s a quarter.

Edit: Iā€™m referring to the public rollout specifically.

1 Like

Ahh OK - did something happen that pushed back the roll out, it seemed from the updates end of April that the roll out was imminentā€¦

According to Adam in the recent podcast, the roll out has already started. The app is working, the entire team is on it, now they are prioritising R1,2,3 investors and then the rest of the waitlist to go on.

After all, due to the sensitivity of the product, you do not want to make it an instant change (hello TSB!) but rather pace it while meticulously monitoring the performance of the existing customers and actioning accordingly if necessary.

2 Likes

Has it actually be rolled out to anyone other than the team though? Would be nice to hear if they have onboarded some customers at last, and to start seeing experience reports on the forum here.

1 Like

Not yet, but thatā€™s coming, now that everyone on the team has it!

Adding all team members as customers was the first step, and everyone here topped up with their real, ā€œprivateā€ money to buy ETFs and stocks.

I bought a few shares that Iā€™ve been meaning for a while, e.g. Ocado. I think we made some Ā£5.25 revenue. :money_mouth_face:

All is going well, and we are hammering out minor things and reviewing feedback - and there is a good amount of it, from the team as well as from the community, based off the random screenshots weā€™ve shared (e.g. the ā€œbankingā€ tab could be renamed for clarity, etc).

Talking of feedback, @Freetrade_Team_Design has scheduled user research sessions to look at the core app, key journeys, and priority features next week. Add yourself here if youā€™d like to participate in the future. To be clear, this is not about having the full app, but looking at specific interactions or experiences.

Weā€™ll give a shout to our investors to drum up a few super early app testers. These people should be ready for a non-perfect experience, and we hope to make fast improvements based on their feedback before we start adding all our investors.

Exactly.

8 Likes

Indeed - actually made a couple investments Iā€™ve had in the holster too. Working out quite well so far!

5 Likes

One thing I can say as a customer of an old-world broker too is that even as we optimise a few minor details, the elegance and fun of using our app is night and day vs the old platforms.

12 Likes

Are you out in front of the rest of the gang Toby? Or has @Viktor managed to catch up?

1 Like

In cash terms, pretty ahead right now - but I went in for a bit more

2 Likes

Is there a fix for the magic link not working on the way?

1 Like

It should be working now! Hit us up on live chat if thatā€™s not the case.

1 Like

:+1:t3:
Done. Recorded a video which Iā€™ll send on Monday when you guys are back. Enjoy the weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

As all of us in the team have been happily buying and selling in the app, itā€™s easy to miss all the complex architecture on the backend.

Spent a few mins with @freetrade_cal this morning to remind thereā€™s a LOT more going on behind the scenes. This is some of our transaction reporting output (vital part of our ops).

12 Likes