The latest on the rollout

Looks very neat. So have you had any blocked or rejected transactions so far?

1 Like

Functional indeed but Iā€™m sure @Freetrade_Team_Design would have a thing or two to say about the design!

Itā€™s a third party portal owned by the LSE and where Iā€™ve been spending most of my time these past few weeks ensuring that everything is passed to the FCA in a valid format. This will be completely automated once some final kinks are ironed out :tada:

Because it is reporting trades rather than executing them, reference to blocks or rejections just means that the data wasnā€™t presented in a valid format (thatā€™s more difficult than it sounds - every trade has up to 87 data fields that need to be in a prescribed format). Such errors do pose a problem, but it wouldnā€™t affect the end customerā€™s holdings at all, as the execution was taken care of many hours prior.

NB - all of the data in the screenshot is for testing purposes; nothing ā€˜realā€™.

7 Likes

This all reminds me of Tantalus. Where heā€™s standing in water with the fruit tree above him. When he reaches for the fruit, it moves out of reach and when he stoops to drink, the water recedes :joy::joy:

7 Likes

I love a Greek mythology reference but donā€™t worry, this is no ironic hell Tantalus situation (dyk the word tantalise comes from that myth).

Weā€™re not quite customer launch ready but on the team side weā€™re investing our own money and building real portfolios with the app. And itā€™s awesome :sunglasses:

Before I joined the team, I was on the waitlist so this feels pretty special.

Itā€™ll be very much worth the wait!

7 Likes

87 data fields per tradeā€¦impressive!

3 Likes

Lots apply to funky short sells and OTC options, so luckily many can be returned blank. Our aggregated trades have given me some headaches, though, so it hasnā€™t all been plain sailing! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Come on gang,every time I open my App my queue keeps creeping up I know itā€™s not that important but I would love to see it going the other way to give me a positive lift.:+1:m

4 Likes

First 10 onboarded! Canā€™t wait (#392 and going up :cry: )

2 Likes

It will go down @ANDREAS and @iceman (quality username there :snowflake:).

The only significant potential future ā€œcreep upā€ to expect is from the queue jumps for our Crowdcube investors, which weā€™ll implement soon. It might push you down a few spots (but not a lot!), and after then weā€™ll start taking out emails from the waitlist as weā€™ll add customers.

9 Likes

Damn Iā€™m excited.

3 Likes

Refer one person budā€¦ you will jump the queue massivelyā€¦ the reason youā€™ve been going up is because people like myself are heavily referring people! @iceman

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just spotted that the UI for ISAs is being tested for the app already, I donā€™t want to get anyoneā€™s hopes up too much but maybe that means theyā€™re going to be ready fairly soon after the launch?

3 Likes

I liked the weekly update this week, the bit about the Old Mutual de-merger was cool!

Anyway, this means anyone holding Old Mutual stock (as our CEO Adam does) becomes the legal owner of two new holdings: one in Old Mutual, the other in the new company, Quilter

@rob_h Does the new security automatically get added to the universe then? Or if not how does it work?

3 Likes

Already in the app. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yep, it has to. Otherwise client holdings wouldnā€™t display in the app and thatā€™s hardly fair now, is it?

The joy of mandatory corporate actions!

Was a great test of our systems and processes though.

All good. Test passed with flying colours.

6 Likes

A blog post is coming about corporate actions as well. :+1:

In other news, a new version for internal testing just in. :heart: What a great weekend.

4 Likes

Thanks @Viktor!

1 Like

Any news on when you start testing with customers? Do you have a timeline for this?

This looks great guys!

Iā€™m particularly liking the ā€˜Aboutā€™ description detailing both the spin out price and date, itā€™s clear and a useful reference point to compare to current price.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dividends