This post has been solved

I did not know this. I always thought that ISA meant UK stocks only. Thank-you for educating me.

1 Like

Donā€™t know if itā€™s because I put this conversation on here or not (probably not) but I have just received another one of the dividends that I was waiting for. It is a couple of weeks late but I have received it now.

2 Likes

Which one out of interest?

1 Like

It was one of the ones I couldnā€™t remember the ticker for. I think itā€™s something like BGSC or something like that.

1 Like

Hey @Dark-side-of-the-moon I donā€™t want to seem short here but this thread is now 45 comments long and all dividends have been paid just a bit later than youā€™d have liked yet ā€¦ you cant be bothered to open the app to check the tickers?

The community have shown they want to help you understand, please put some effort in.

7 Likes

NeilB I donā€™t think you have read the feed properly, I said that this is one that had been paid so donā€™t need any help with that one thanks, but you are right, I did start the feed without waiting long enough to see if they came in late and again, if you go back and read the feed, I do say that I may have been to impatient. Iā€™ve replied to everyone on here and have updated if I have received one so I do think Iā€™ve ā€œput the work inā€. But thanks anyway :+1:

3 Likes

But it was BGSC

1 Like

Thanks! I wanted to check the claim that freetrade allegedly paid it ā€˜a couple of weeks lateā€™. This stockā€™s pay date was 2 days ago, so you received it on the same day or a day laterā€¦
Be patient, errors are usually made by the user not a well functioning company :wink:

Additional resources about dividend terminology : https://www.dividend.com/dividend-investing-101/dividend-dates/

4 Likes

Ah, haha your right. Well I feel like an idiot :joy:. How do I delete this conversation.
IF YOU ARE JUST CLICKING ON THIS POST, PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME READING ANY OF IT. ITS MY MISTAKE AND I SORRY YOU HAD TO READ THIS MESSAGE

6 Likes

Everyone makes mistakes, if you can admit it you are ahead of the game :+1:

I think thereā€™s a way to mark a thread as solved, that might be the best thing to do with it

3 Likes

I have US and ā‚¬ stocks in my ISA on my HL account. No dividend issues. The price is just converted to UK Ā£Ā£s.

Yes. You canā€™t have foreign currency in an ISA. Thereā€™s no issues with foreign stocks (except for some from certain exchanges)