Thungela - TGA - Share Chat

This company produces and exports thermal coal from South Africa. Previously part of Anglo American plc, they spun off into a separate listing in June 2021.

2 Likes

And my last green investment about to go red …
Thungela ! What happened :face_with_peeking_eye:
RIP

Thungela has a 25% div yield :face_with_peeking_eye:
Nice :heart_eyes:

How’s the community feel about Thungela as up over 300% on my investment & getting 25% dividend yield which equates to £1k dividend come September & with Winter coming the Coal just keeps getting dearer & short supply :thinking:just broke £16 & the P//R still below 5% this has loads more to climb before I even think about cashing in ! Any other views from our investors Gurus out there :thinking:

The next dividend that Thungela is paying is worth closer to 19%. The dividend yield figure in the app includes all dividends paid and due to be paid this year.

It’s worth remembering that, in an efficient market, a company should be repriced on the ex-dividend date to account for the cash they have committed to pay.

still 19% is :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
3 quid back for every £16 share you buy
how can anyone say no :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I sold at £3 range annoyingly but bought back in around £14. I’m also invested in #BISI who are smaller but similar (South African coal).

Is it really £3 per share divi? Damn I need more!

now can sell even more coal
up we keep going :heart_eyes:

1 Like

1 week on & no let up on price rise as sitting @ £17.50 and I,m thinking with a P/E Ratio of 2.37% this baby is going to double before 22nd September Ex Div date with a 22% Div/Yield I,m buying more & more until Europe blow’s out those Coal Fire Station’s this is liquid Gold dust ! Sorry about my Green cred’s but got burnt on a few renewable’s so sticking with this old fossil fuel Goldmine

1 Like

hmmm I’m not so sure, we may be near the top end of what TGA is worth
latest price forecast Ive seen is 365 rand or £18.40 so Im sitting on mine and see what happens
or it could be the case I got caught up in the hype with Ben and brought more and more when I shouldnt so burnt once, never again :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-24/coal-stock-that-s-up-300-gets-morgan-stanley-price-target-boost

1 Like

Ex dividend date tomorrow 22nd Sept.
Looking forward!

2 Likes

well dividend ex has wiped ££££ from my holding :rofl:

Yeah that is normal after a stock goes ex-dividend, the share price typically drops by the amount of the dividend paid to reflect the fact that new shareholders are not entitled to that payment. Don’t worry, it will normally go back up again in three to four days. I see it as a great opportunity to time in the buy during the ex dividend payouts.

Im new to this, but when and how are the dividends paid?

2 Likes

10th October

2 Likes

It should have been paid on Monday 26/9. ??

That was for the Johannesburg listed shares. For the UK listing it is 10th October.

edit: see the below:

3 Likes

Thank you for that. Much appreciated. :+1:t3:

1 Like

I received my Dividend yesterday. Bang on time. Well done FT. :+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

Thoughts on this stock for 2023?