Zoom AMA #2: Freetrade Co-founder & CMO Viktor Nebehaj :freetrade:

Just turn up tomorrow right here and you’ll get a link.

If people are still willing to put their money in to Robinhood after what they done lately I’ll be shocked…

1 Like

Will we be able to access a recorded version of the meetup ?

Couple of questions from me. Will try to dial in again.

1. What % of users (roughly) have now taken up an isa

2. The spread is coming up again and again, what can be done to make the reasons more obvious in the app. I know personally a number of referalls haven’t been convinced by the best execution response I give them.

8 Likes

We are not planning on recoding it yet. We are hammering out a more thoughtful format with slides etc that will be more appropriate for recording. I’m sure someone will be kind and helpful and will jot down the main take-aways though.

1 Like

I would also like my graphs to reflect the after-hours trading please. Otherwise, they are all wrong.

3 Likes

Hi! Some questions:

1. Updating Roadmap to actual situation, when is launch expected in European countries non included in first wave (Italy in my case)? Could be in 2020 or it is already moved to 2021?

2. Could you give any feedback about income/profit per customer? Is it in levels you expected or not yet?

3. Which is Freetrade plan to increase users in future?

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

When will there be more love for stock index and bond ETFs in the universe?

4 Likes

What is freetrade’s AUA?

When will freetrade launch in continental Europe?

How many employees are there at freetrade right now? What is staff turnover at the moment?

thanks for doing this!

3 Likes

Please clarify:

1. User & Asset growth - What Advertising and Marketing strategy/campaigns do Freetrade intend to undertake over the rest of 2020 in order to grow the customer base since competitors seem more aggressive in acquiring users.

2. European expansion - is this being held until EUR accounts and/or European shares are available? An update on the timeline for the initial and remaining EU markets would be appreciated. Any plans for the rest of the world expansion?

3. Other services/products - Update on plans for SIPPs and other ISA type (Lifetime, Junior)? Any other alternative services for EU countries?

4. Freetrade staff size - what size do you see the company being at the end of 2020.

Thanks.

8 Likes

What are other possible revenue streams, excluding account subscriptions, treasury income and FX?

2 Likes
  • What is the process for listing your beneficiaries (in the event of death), it is much easier to do on platforms like HL. Could this be simplified in-app.

• What would happen in the event of FT going insolvent?

2 Likes

Do you plan on adding an affiliate program?

Also how far away would a proper Ipad support be?

1 Like

Which third-parties does Freetrade depend on right now? Which dependencies do you plan to remove and how do you plan to remove them?

14 Likes

My 13 year old bro and 11 year old sis love the app when I show them.

Will there be a Junior ISA option built?

Also will a API integration with simplywall.st come soon?

4 Likes

How are the launches in Ireland & the Netherlands going?
When’s a full roll-out expected in these countries?
Are there any country-specific requirements that could slow product adoption / stickiness in these countries (eg. implementing the local equivalent of an ISA account)?

7 Likes

First of all, congrats on the most recent traction in terms of news users.

Question - what’s the realistic timing to add “thousands of US stocks”? Many thanks.

1 Like

Hi Victor,

Do you intend to add a “sophisticated investor” mode, allowing derivatives trading?

I understand you want to discourage short term trading and speculation, but an option contract would be good for hedging risk for a long term investor who knows what he’s doing.

2 Likes

Can someone please let me know what the link is for tonights zoom meeting?

1 Like

Check back here tonight, we’ll make sure it’s clearly signposted :slight_smile:

1 Like