Tracking news about your investments

Hey all! Just gotten access today and canā€™t wait to get started.

Iā€™ve tried other trading apps and found them far too complex for a novice like myself, with too many technical terms and jargon.

I just wondered if anyone here uses an app to keep track of any breaking news that might influence your investments? I know the Apple Stocks app allows you to track companies and any news relating to them, but are there any others that are easier to manage and customize?

3 Likes

Check out this thread:

https://community.freetrade.io/t/stock-market-apps/2280/57

Iā€™ve recently started tracking through google sheets, works quite well

1 Like

The free version of TipRanks does the job when it comes to news analytics.

Once you have indicated which stocks you own, you can go to ā€œMy Holdingsā€ and filter by stock and by the news sentiment (bullish for good and bearish for bad):

There is also a ā€œNews Analysisā€ section which indicates roughly how the news affect any given stock. It is, of course, not perfectly accurate and one should make independent decisions as opposed to following the sentiment.

Only downside - limited to the US stocks.

3 Likes

Seeking Alpha is not a bad app aswell. Its more oriented about news from independent publishers , but you can find interesting reads there.

1 Like

Just want to revisit this, looking at it from a ā€˜Breaking Newsā€™ position as apposed to a ā€˜Tracking my investmentsā€™ one, what sdites do you use?

Using the Debenhams news from today, I have found the BBC News are reporting items a while before Reuters and Yahoo. Are there any other websites that offer reliable financial headlines that tend to break news before most of the main stream ones?

1 Like