[Feature Request 🔧] Trailing Stop Loss Order

Are you considering Trailing Stop Loss order type for Alpha launch?

I set a percentage (lets say 10%), and stop loss limit will increase as share touches new highs, but doesn’t go down if price drops, for example, starting price is 90, trailing stop loss is set at 10%, price fluctuates between 85 and 90 nothing changes, as the price go to 100 stop loss limit increases with it, as long as the price doesn’t touch 90 (new limit) nothing happens, the share will be sold when it is on or lower than 90.

Think we are waiting for plus to be launched, apparently some sort of limit/stop functionality will be involved.

2 Likes

A trailing stop loss is useful. Would like to see it developed!

7 Likes

this is a great idea!

3 Likes

I would like this also. Was just thinking about this the other day.

3 Likes

An awesome feature to add to the app, helps the investor to manage risk much easier without continual manual intervention of deleting old stop losses and creating replacement ones each time the price moves up

This would be incredibly useful.

5 Likes

I’d really like this too! This would be way more useful than the fixed stop-loss.

2 Likes

This feature would have saved days like today. Getting out of plays in a timely manner so that we have enough cash to buy the dip. but nope, we don’t have this feature, we need to exit one by one.

1 Like

I would also like this feature - very useful when you want to limit your exposure.

1 Like

I would also love to see this in the not so distant future, I’d have it on near all my positions.

1 Like

Apologies if a stupid question but is this a scheme done elsewhere? It seems like too simple an idea that would be a no-brainer but if everyone did this would that not make the market more volatile? I mean surely everyone in theory couldn’t do the same as you have to have winners and losers.

Hello everyone!! Guys what do you think of freetrade adding a trailing stop-loss feature in the app? This help protect some of the profits we make on future trades. For those who knows and see the importance of this feature please vote…
Trailing Stop Loss

From best i can provide for topic

A trailing stop loss sets the stop-loss order at a fixed amount of pips above or below the market price, depending on whether the position is SELL or BUY. As long as the market is moving in your favor, the stop loss will move with it, maintaining the same locked-in pip distance from the current market rate.

For example, if you set TSL for a BUY position, the stop loss will rise with the market in one-pip increments. This is why it’s called a ‘trailing’ SL; as the price rises, the stop loss rises with it. However, if the market is moving in the opposite direction i.e., if the price is falling, the stop loss will not change and a close order will be submitted when the stop loss rate is reached % set on.

1 Like

It’s a great idea, I hope it’s in the works :+1:.

3 Likes

Hi Adam, thanks for messaging… you have got it right that is exactly what i meant… it give abit more protection especially to first time investors…

Is this being developed as I could really do with using it please

this would be a superb feature to add, making portfolio management of risk that much easier

Can someone combine this with

2 Likes

This would be an excellent feature

1 Like

Another vote for trailing stop loss with options for a percentage and/or pound figure.

2 Likes