Uber (UBER) 🤖 🚕 - Share Chat

Uber stock skyrockets after company says it has plenty of cash to get through coronavirus crisis

1 Like

Damnit. Was considering doubling down on my Uber investment too.

It’s still 68% down from all time highs, I’m long Uber also (next 5-8 years) so anything under 25 I consider a buy for sure! …my opinion obviously.

How do we think this’ll go?

Not well unfortunately…

https://www.businessinsider.com/uber-likely-to-abandon-grubhub-acquisition-deal-talks-reports-2020-6?r=US&IR=T

1 Like
1 Like

:raised_hands: great news

1 Like

I think the Judge has made the right call. If Uber is treating drivers like employees then they should have to meet the same standards that other employers do.

2 Likes

Fantastic ruling. Hopefully this runs the gig economy out of business or forces them to actually compete.

“Move fast and break things” looking ironic now…

1 Like

This court ruling is great for their new ‘employees’ but long term I don’t see how they can make the sort of margins they predicted before.

1 Like

So several months since the court ruling and drivers don’t seem to be better off. Drivers are arguing that Uber give with one hand (through holiday pay, emoyee pension, etc) and take away with the other (increase in % fee) so pretty much in the same situation as before.

1 Like

Parasite going to parasite.

Looked so positive but then hit hard after the trading halt!

The trading halt was Morgan Stanley declaring a 5.2% stake. It then sold off after the announcement/resumption.

1 Like

This could generate some decent revenue. Interesting to dilute the brand however, let’s just wait and see before they get political ads targeting people based on where they’re going.

Oops

Will this be more negative to Uber, or the relevant governments/politicians?

1 Like

It should be explosive and ruin them but like sooo many Guardian exposes it seems people outside the echo chamber don’t really care much.

If it is easier and cheaper most will simply carry on using and not much hope they will be hit hard enough by regulators.