MEGATHREAD: European expansion 🇪🇺

Does European expansion mean stocks from those countries are going to be added to the app? If Germany is on the list are we going to start seeing Volkswagen and Deutsche Bank, or Ferrari and Juventus if it’s Italy?

Or are the new users just getting UK and US companies too?

1 Like

Yes, we strongly believe people want to invest in their home markets.

Long term, we want to make all the stocks of the world from Latin America to Japan available to everyone, no matter where they are.

14 Likes

First wave: they are four countries that will be announced in the next few days, and we plan to launch in them in Q3.

We will announce further new markets during Q3, and we will communicate clearly about when we will be able to launch in them, but to manage expectations, we are focusing on the first four during Q3.

18 Likes

Hope for Italy too!!

2 Likes

Happy with Italy as long as Freetrade launches in Greece sometime in the next 3 years!

1 Like

:eyes: :ireland:

13 Likes

Didn’t expect Ireland, Hoping for Italy soon… finger crossed :wink:

2 Likes

Same language, makes sense :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

You sure it’s the same? :smiley:

Why do you think it isn’t?

1 Like

Just a joke, some of them aren’t the easiest to understand

1 Like

I don’t have a problem but then I’ve lived on the island of Ireland most of my life

1 Like

Will you make separate community groups for each new region, especially non-English speaking ones?

For now we’ll stick to speaking English in the community (& on social media), that may change over time but we think it’s best to keep building on what we have in the beginning.

4 Likes

Will European expansion mean access to EUR denominated stocks?

1 Like

It’ll be our new Investment Platform :tm: that enables us to add European stocks. Depending on how things go, we might start the international expansion before we’ve finished building the platform.

3 Likes

Is the stock universe the same, regardless of which country the user is in?

Fingers crossed we hear one more released at each of this weeks roadshow events😉

3 Likes

Apparently will be France, Germany and The Netherlands.

You can see a protected page for them:

7 Likes

I’m hoping so too! Fingers crossed for Italy.

1 Like