MEGATHREAD: European expansion 🇪🇺

Great spot. :grin: What an Eagle eye :eagle:

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this be translated as well? It’s in English on all pages

6 Likes

Thanks!

Yep!

This is super useful feedback, keep it coming. :pray:

EDIT: That’s set by the language on the user’s device.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! :pray:

This is a browser tool tip and will display in the language set on your device/computer.

2 Likes

I don’t seem to get the flags on the drop down.

I’m on Chrome btw

:eyes:

The waitlist is now open for France, Germany and the Netherlands 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇳🇱

4 Likes

Any plans for a Eurotrip in the coming months to meet non-UK investors and future clients? :minibus: :eyes:

Would be more than happy to meet you in Paris! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes we’d love to visit, watch this space for updates :grinning:

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m an original investor on the 1st crowdcube raise. Moved aboard to sweden about a year afterwards. Now both my phones are swedish Android based. Gutted i haven’t been able to use Freetrade yet.

What are the current timelines for international expansion beyond Ireland, Germany, france, and netherlands?

2 Likes

Is be surprised if there are clearly detailed plans beyond those mentioned countries, as the waiting lists only recently went up for them. I would imagine if they want to go live first in these before they determine timelines for any other countries.

OMV Petrom looks decent for a oil company share and Banca Transilvania in the Romanian stock market

Why malta was not included with the list? When it will be available in Malta?

2 Likes

Traditional oil and gas outside of high growth emerging markets is a boring business, so maybe you’re after dividends.

Just a message of caution, always study the parent and how close they are to the subsidiary— % ownership and implicit support/control/are they planning to sell it off in future. Also, are they channelling cash flow into own operations or are they supporting the parent via dividends upstream etc? That sort of thing.

The parent’s reported 1q operating profit/EBIT was Eur 393mln, but OMV Petrom contributed a big chunk of it—Eur 174mln. The parent also seemed to be free cash negative in the last quarter (could be capex spending + whatever).

The Group’s 1st quarter financials are here:

OMV Petrom’s 1st quarter financials are here:

They didn’t disclose too much, but you can see CF here:

When you enter :ireland: I recommend you all send a custom green pair of :freetrade: socks to @shane-aurora who can’t wait for the launch

5 Likes

@engineer haha thanks engineer. My R4 socks arriving will do for the meantime :joy:

2 Likes

Will referrals be valid for people across borders? So can a Brit refer a Dutchie once the service is live?

1 Like

Great question. I think @engineer can have my referral for trying to get me some socks. Who doesn’t love socks :joy:

1 Like

@Viktor Is my understanding that EU expansion is now planned for Q1 2020 correct?

When the roadmap was announced, I already started pitching everyone around me and everybody is asking same question - when is the launch. It’s kind of hard for me to answer this question form where I stand.

3 Likes

Any ETA for Czech Republic?

Second wave. No ETA yet, but we want to go into add many European countries next year as possible.

1 Like