MEGATHREAD: European expansion đŸ‡ȘđŸ‡ș

Must admit, was wondering this myself. Seems world’s away now from the rapid expansion we were led to believe we were poised to have once licenses were in place.

God forbid we remember the early waiting lists in places like Ireland!

13 Likes

When can I expect English language pan European app to start rolling out across multiple countries?

6 Likes

We still miss the Sweden launch for Android (now only live for iOS)
EU pan roll-out should follow.

I am afraid it may still take couple of months :frowning:

3 Likes

Looks like the Swedish stock have been launched yesterday.

"Swedish stocks are here :rocket:

Starting today, you can trade Swedish shares in your Freetrade app.

Brokerage-free.*

Choose from popular Swedish shares such as Investor, Volvo, Kinnevik, Evolution and over 200 other companies on the Stockholm Stock Exchange. :sweden "

4 Likes

I can’t access Kinnevik Or volvo

To clarify I think they’re only available in the Swedish app not the UK one.

1 Like

Almost 6 months ago the Freetrade app was launched in Sweden for the iOS system. Is it correct that 6 months after the app is still not available for Android in Sweden? Could someone give some explanation? 6 months is quite a long time.

9 Likes

They have been not updating for months now. Just don’t use this platform. It’s terrible.
I joined them 2 years ago, when they were “expanding to European market”. Two years later and still nothing has changed, except for fees, they have increased!
There are better and cheaper brokers out there

1 Like

Well, they are partially open in Sweden.

1 Like

I moved to Etoro in Jan-2023 because I couldn’t wait any longer (after more than 3 years of waiting for this EU expansion).

Hiring a new (replacement) MD for Sweden per current open job listings. Traction is definitely slowing which is a shame. I saw there is another investor meet in London soon, hopefully there will be some updates.

It looks like they are more and more active in Sweden lately. I do remember there were some updates at one point that a sort of generic EU app would be launched by EOY - but we’ve been there before so would not take it too seriously.

2 Likes

I think Sweden is a failed vanity project at this point.

6 Likes

We all hope that’s still true.

1 Like

These 5 volunteers will get 400 sek. Thats about ÂŁ30 to invest with.

When can I expect English language pan European app to start rolling out across multiple countries?

2 Likes

In the year 2034

1 Like

I hope freetrade is exist till 2034!:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

1 Like
3 Likes

Based on the most recent information provided by Freetrade during the last crowdfunding round, the European app is anticipated to be released by the end of 2024 only if they successfully secure an additional institutional investment of 35 million.

However, if they do not reach the 35 million target, the release might be delayed until 2025 or later
unfortunatly :frowning:

4 Likes