Updates on the Android app

Based on WWDC yesterday, I’ve made the choice to switch to Android. I had an iPhone since iPhone 3G!

So I’m now one of those “when’s the android version coming?” guys.

Glad to see I could already download the Freetrade app on my iPad however and I’ve already signed up for the Android version. Great work.

2 Likes

Out of interest @Andy , what in the Apple event made you choose to switch to Android?

The price. Completely in their own universe price wise.

I was ready to upgrade but I just simply can not justify £300/£400 more than other comparable flagship phones.

3 Likes

I listen to Market snacks podcast and they summarised it as “cheapest form of innovation all they did is make their products bigger”.
Market snacks guys are funny :rofl:

Here is an interesting argument that a $1k mobile can be good value for the users - mostly on sustainability/longevity grounds, and that the implied slower product replacement rate can be good value for the vendor on customer loyalty grounds. Lasts Longer – Asymco You might not buy that argument though!

1 Like

No updates on the android app in five weeks?

1 Like

We’re still working on rolling out the iOS app at the moment, we’ll keep you updated as soon as there’s more news about the Android app.

2 Likes

Is there nothing that can be shared with your Android supporters?

I would hope that the android developers are not working on the iOs app rollout and have made some progress since the last update from Greg back in July?

4 Likes

I would expect them to be learning from the iOS rollout though. You don’t want to do the same dev work twice.

6 Likes

replies to follow topic

Marcus is looking after some money in the mean time.

1 Like

There’s a drop down below “Topic Controls” which lets you select the tracking level:

3 Likes

Hey @Viktor this quote above was two months ago. Are we still not any closer to a timeline or a proper update that when we will see an Android App.

@greg let us know how is it going :slight_smile:

We had a chat about this today & as long as everything goes to plan, we’re aiming to release the Android app early next year :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Awaiting the cheers…

2 Likes

:sob::sob:

2 Likes

:sob::sob:X2

I wonder if my dad has an old iOS device hanging around :thinking:

4 Likes

So far away so sad haha.

Timely - my wife just got an iOS work device so I can get the app on that until the better version is released on Android

2 Likes

Poor

Inappropriate use of smiley emoji - :disappointed:

3 Likes

We’ll do that, just give us a bit of time as we’re busy rolling out the iOS app!

4 Likes