US Elections

Is anyone planning on selling/exiting some positions in the run up to the US elections?

Or alternatively are you banking on Trump to win and markets to rally?

banking and betting on trump to win the elections, markets all the way up.

1 Like

Да, легкие деньги!! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

по другому быть не может :innocent: :sweat_smile: :smiling_imp:

I think I will invest on VIX, where I can.

1 Like

There is a common belief that stock markets do better under Republican presidencies. but the data doesn’t back that up

Interesting that 10 out of 12 recessions since WW2 happened while the Republicans were in power

2 Likes

Good point Dave. I can see how that would be the case over a longer term, but I think if Biden wins there will be a short term drop, that might lead to a larger correction.

Traders will care about the election results, investors will not. It’s honestly as simple as that.

2 Likes

Market will rally which ever way it goes as it’s all about stability. VIX will go wild before elections and then markets will rally as soon as a leader emerges. I’m buying any pre-election dip!

1 Like

I subscribe to the theory that markets will rally no matter who wins. In most elections, uncertainty about the outcome makes companies hesitate, but once there is a winner and a known policy direction, companies can invest accordingly and the economy moves ahead. This election has more uncertainty than most, so I’d guess that the relief rally will be amplified, and I would also guess that whoever wins will unleash massive economic stimulus for Covid-19 unless Congress is deadlocked, so there will be an extra reward there.

1 Like

The markets could likely rally whoever wins.

I agree with you.