Vanguard FTSE All World UCITS ETF (Dist.) - VWRL

People will discuss ‘resistance’ it has merit but honestly if you’re a new investor it’s not something you need to worry about. If your buying and holding for years the mantra from Warren Buffett is

Time in the market, not timing the market.

2 Likes

In other words invest now and worry about it later, much later.

I understand where you are coming from. In general YouTube videos associated with stocks and shares should be viewed with a large pinch of salt. There are a few good ones out there … but in general beware. These people make money by you watching their videos.

The thing that the person that you were listening to was possibly talking about is a field called “technical analysis”. Technical analysis is not about stock fundamentals. Many people regard it as hocus pocus. If one were to try to give some credence to it then perhaps one can regard it as drawing conclusions from human behaviour. Problem is that human behaviour is both highly predictable and erratic. So it gives a lot of scope for crystal ball gazers to say “I told you so’. For example, they will say things like 'if the share crosses this line then it is sure to go down further”. There are, on the other hand, certain things that are true: stocks can move with momentum, both up and down, in a way that is fully unrelated to the prospects of the company.

Now-a-days I hear people say things like “Do your own Research” unfortunately most of the time I hear that it seems to come from the mouth or hands of a conspiracy theorist. They use this phrase to find and/or push information that confirms their false beliefs. So friend the only thing I can really say is be careful out there.

7 Likes

VWRL dividends due today according to Dividendmax. It’s my biggest holding so pretty interested to see when it comes through…

Not today, hopefully tomorrow.

Do you guys ever make much with this eft? as I held it over year with it only gaining like a pound where as others like the snp were way a head for almost half the price.

People don’t buy this ETF with a one year horizon. Come back in 3 or even better 5 years.

If you are looking at these kind of ETFs on a shorter basis then, my friend, you are not getting what this type of ETF is for.

5 Likes

No I understand this is a lesser return eft than others. I was just wondering what kind of returns people have managed as I see some people fire the majority of there money into this eft as a safe low passive income.

That is absolutely not the point I am making. The fact that you are asking this question suggests you don’t understand the ethos of this ETF. This is a long term world ETF.

I would not recommend using this forum to find out “what kind of returns people are getting”. Freetrade has a lot of customers. A negligible portion put this sort of information here. You are not getting representative information. It is better to go to Vanguard’s site and get this information from there. Alternatively go to to share history chart on yahoo, Google or the London stock Exchange etc to get this information. Honestly this should all be a part of your research into the stock before you buy :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Just thought I would add:
This isnt “safe” .
Its highly diversified.
There’s a difference

3 Likes

Ex-dividend date tomorrow 15th Dec for pay day on the 28th Dec.

2 Likes

I assuming you mean Dividend - £50 usually

Received my dividend today!

1 Like

Interestingly SPDR just lowered their TER for its Global ETF so now it’s even cheaper than Vanguard but relies more on sampling

1 Like

This is interesting, thanks. Do you have any further details?

It looks like this applies to the ACWI ‘IMI’ tracker (IMID/SPYI). Unfortunately, it’s not on FT and there doesn’t seem to be listing in sterling.

As far as I can tell, the ongoing charge for SPDR’s non-IMI tracker (ACWI), which is on FT and in GBP, remains 0.40%. Hopefully, it will also be cut to 0.17% which would tempt me to switch.

It’s worth noting that SSAC is already a shade cheaper than VWRL at 0.20%.

Hi all might be a daft question here but can you buy fractional shares in an ETF?

I don’t believe you can

You can buy fractional shares in ETFs but not with Freetrade. I prefer to buy full shares anyway, my OCD would annoy me seeing 1.0375749 of a share. :woozy_face:

1 Like

FT is aiming to add funds over the summer, so hopefully we’ll get some like VG’s global all-cap fund.

One benefit of OEICs is they’re fractional by default.

1 Like

Good to know thanks all. I’m currently investing in individual shares but thinking about putting some into an Etf

2 Likes