Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

Lol exactly :laughing:

2 Likes

Galactic penny shares to come!! Branson took his dough and legged it. Bring in someone who can do a popper job of it

1 Like

If you look at Bransonā€™s record of company ownership he is famous for hiring people and letting them operate the business. He would have had limited Operational responsibilities at VG especially given he brought the company with a working craft (read as ā€œrocket powered gliderā€).

If you read through their S1, further up the thread somewhere, the business is predicated on reducing ticket prices and increasing flight numbers. They have so far put up prices & not been able to fly regularly.

Elon couldnā€™t make VG a profitable business, the price to haul a satellite is far higher than a person will pay.

1 Like

What a nose dive this morning. Wooooah!

1 Like

Iā€™ve linked straight to the comments sorted by high because they are SO JUICY. I donā€™t think thereā€™s anyone that has faith in this taxpayer subsidised carbuncle of a company.

2 Likes

Just imagine if the people of New Mexico could have got anything from this billionaires wank sock of a company. Theyā€™re a rocket-powered parasite and itā€™s cute to see people discussing their TAM & business plan like it could ever be a profitable concern!

2 Likes

So money lost?

Today marks a full year since VG flew and they have no plans to fly until ā€˜winter 2022ā€™ currently. They are burning close to $1m a day and look absolutely lost.

1 Like

Does anyone think that they are a viable takeover target?

1 Like

100% without doubt absolutely categorically not at all, not even slightly. When even taxpayer subsidy grifter Branson is dumping his shares, you know itā€™s not looking good.

I canā€™t think why any other space company would want anything to do with this. It doesnā€™t have anything revolutionary or unique - other than a pilot controlled (not computer controlled) death trap of a rocket.

1 Like

The Spaceport in New Mexico might interest someone. They have an R&D arm with some manufacturing capability but not much. Other than that they donā€™t really have any IP worth much.

Oh NeilB, my sweet summer child. May the beauty of your innocence never fade.

Virgin Galactic donā€™t own the spaceport and, from what I can tell, didnā€™t pay a penny towards its $212,000,000 costs. The state own it - New Mexico Spaceport Authority - Wikipedia - those damn communist Americans!

3 Likes

Well, now Iā€™m confused because I assumed the people of New Mexico lossy all their money. Apparently, they havenā€™t lost it all! They are the proud owners of a pointless carbuncle in the middle of the desert that will require taxpayer money to upkeep (when the inevitable bankruptcy happens), so theyā€™re going to lose more money!

1 Like

So is there any point in owning shares in them? Someone must think they have a viable long term investment?!?!?
Or am I better to take my 80% loss ???

1 Like

Not Dickie Branson or Chamath (the man who took them public). Neither myself of @CashCow are fans of this company so we might not present an even case for a financial decision. We are however nothing if not consistent -

I even ā€˜wonā€™ a bet on the share price collapse

1 Like

Hmm interesting!

Think you will all have to ā€˜Watch this spaceā€™! Very negative. Think you have to see what occurs in 2023. How many motherships being built.

Hey @Swaleyp

Do you want to make a friendly bet on the share price for April 1st, 2023?

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m not a betting man. I have been reading up in what they have been doing through the quiet time and actually looks promising.

Iā€™m going to see what prevails

Oh I was hoping to win another figurative bottle of virgin cola!

I will take that bet. If you win, i will give you all of my shares in the following:
Virgin Cola
Virgin Music
Virgin Superstore
Virgin Vodka
Virgin Cosmetics
Virgin Clothing
Virgin Cars
Virginware
Virgin Pulse
Virgin Digital
Virgin Brides
Virgin Charter
Virgin Express
Virgin Student
Virgin Lottery
Virgin Games
Virgin Interactive

Actually, given Bransons track record, im selling my Virgin Galactic right now!

4 Likes