Vodafone Group - VOD - Share Chat

If that’s the case then maybe it’s a good idea to cancel the dividend for a year and use it to pay down the debt.

Personally I still have faith in Vodafone, It does have some really good assets and it does have a good plan to make the business more profitable however I do see a couple of issue’s going forward.

1, Merger with Three in theory would be good but the issues are given the size of the 2 business I am concerned that Vodafone only having 51% is not such a great deal for Vodafone shareholders given the size of Vodafone UK and the assets it has in the UK compared with Three, i.e Analysts at JP Morgan said that on a “standalone basis” it valued Vodafone UK at €7.5 billion and Three UK at €3.4 billion. so a 51% & 49% split is no way a good or even fair deal for Vodafone.

Also I suspect that OFCOM will approve the deal however the combined group may well have to give up some of the valuable spectrum as it would give the new business a high level of spectrum of about 46%, However the biggest hurdle will be the CMA as they will be concerned about the risk of higher prices for Virtual Operators & also the biggest concern they will have is the prices for consumers given that Three is a cheap value network and Vodafone charges a higher premium to consumers so the CMA will be concerned that Three network will lead to higher prices for consumers.

2, Another big risk for Vodafone is that it could well be a target for a full takeover due to its current low valuation as a business and with the weak pound against the dollar makes it a fairly attractive target.

3, Markets & Analysts are concerned at the slow pace of deal making and implementation of it’s plan is also making them downgrade the business which in a cost of living should be more income stable.

Especially looking at the UK deal it looks like Vodafone are using the do a deal at any cost which is very concerning as it disadvantages shareholders.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed we get some good results on the 15th November

Another day another 1p rise in the sp

It’s going the right way, all signs suggesting good results on the 15th.
Where do we think this will get to? I am hoping for 1.40 but would be happy with 1.20

Hopefully it is a good sign.

Another good marketing for Vodafone and free publicity is that Vodafone has the cheapest social tariff for people on benefits ( £12 for 38mb & phone line) which I am assuming by being the cheapest they hope it will significantly increase broadband customers and could also cross sell products.

I am guessing with that the hope is high customer numbers with smaller profits will provide good profits in the long term.

Another day another 2p rise. Very happy with the results this week.

Fingers crossed it keep rising, glad I’ve carried on buying more whilst is been low

If they’re claiming benefits, then they’re not likely to upsell to.

All looking good here. I reckon we are going to see solid results in the 15th and subsequently a big hike in the SP.

Shall we take bets/predictions on SP?

With the rise we are seeing I reckon it will get to about 1.15 by the 15th and will be trading at 1.40 after the results are announced.

I guess I got this one a bit wrong guys lol.
Never mind I’m sure we will see some growth eventually.

2 Likes

It might be a good time to top up though and get the benefits later on.

I have used this mornings dip to bring my average price down now at £1.0786 :slight_smile:

Same here I’ve bought some more this morning as well.
Although I’m disappointed I can’t see how this can get any lower. They are still quite profitable after all.

I think if the deals in the pipeline work out well and the fact they are constantly looking to consolidate and improve profits will increase.

And the other way I look at this we on average depending on exchange rate get about 7-8p a share dividend a year is not a bad return on such a good steady dividend payer.

Its always worth taking advantage of the price drop. Hopefully it will be short lived.

Well don’t forget most companies tend to drop in price on results day so I think it will be short lived.

Also a good piece on ii
https://www.ii.co.uk/analysis-commentary/ii-view-vodafone-slumps-post-covid-low-after-profit-downgrade-ii525999?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NEW-DLY-ENGAGE-afternoon_round_up_151122%20(1)&utm_content=newsletter&spMailingID=22730847&spUserID=MTM4NzM1NDMxNjU1S0&spJobID=2113234954&spReportId=MjExMzIzNDk1NAS2

Sounds good to me. I like the strong hold suggestion.

As expected (by some) the CEO Nick Read has stepped down.

will be replaced on an interim basis by Margherita Della Valle, Vodafone’s chief financial officer, while it seeks a permanent replacement.

Couple of analysts indicating it is a tough road ahead:

However, analysts at Berenberg warned the new chief executive would face a tough task. “One of the reasons why we are surprised by today’s news is that it’s not clear what any new CEO would really do differently to Mr Read, other than risk a ‘fire sale’ of assets,” they wrote, adding that if Della Valle was permanently appointed chief executive she “would be seen as a continuity choice, which is not what we believe investors are looking for”.

Analysts at Jefferies cautioned that Vodafone faced “intractable headwinds”, including “Germany punching below its weight” and uncomfortably high leverage.

1 Like

Not sure it will improve the share price though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Merry Christmas everyone. My biggest regret of 2022 was not selling these at 1.40 lol.

Oh well never mind that’s life I suppose. Surely the only way is up from here?

At least they have confirmed the dividend. Really good returns to be had if you start investing now.

1 Like