Volkswagen AG 🚘 - VOWd

https://interestingengineering.com/musk-bezos-porsche-space-race

1 Like

I would just like to be able to invest in Volkswagen group considering they own so many car companies.

Volkswagen group

Hi, I believe that Volkswagen is moving in the right direction with their future plan. The European Union is trying to get a certain percentage of cars to become electric by 2025 and Volkswagen has made a negotiation type deal with Rimac (electric super car manufacturer), which looking promising for electric car manufacturing. With Volkswagen being a massive car producer, they’ll probably start to head in the direction affordable electric vehicles for your average citizen, comparatively to Tesla, which is still considered an exclusive vehicle. It would great to be able to get in on their stock. Thank you

The second half of 2021 hasn’t been great for VOW3 but a 9% uplift today helps. Happy to hold longer term here ( maybe even on Freetrade one day …)

So VOWd is now on Freetrade. But what’s differaence between this and other VW share tickets available? I’m assuming this isn’t the main German ticker?

VOWd is the main one listed on the Deutsche Boerse, while the other one is the US listing.

1 Like

I have been brought up with old VW’s (went to all the shows in the UK) and love the brand. I would love to have shares in VW, please add it to Freetrade.

Hi @ross_mini5

Welcome welcome welcome :ocean:

Ta dah!

VOW3 are the preference stocks and VOW the ordinary stock, both traded in Frankfurt with VOW3 considerably more liquid.

You may have seen VWAGY and VWAPY quoted in the US. These are instruments for the American markets that track the ordinary and preferred classes respectively.

3 Likes

Why would they have gone for the less liquid one? Pretty sure I own VOW3 on another platform.

Just an oversight I imagine ( I have a request in for VOW3 )
Out of interest the rough Avg Daily Volumes are:
VOW3 : 1m
VOW : 50k

1 Like

ID.Buzz out this summer apparently. Unfortunately the latest design is a bit different from the concept model which looked incredible.

3 Likes

Is this the concept model? Looks sick, would like to get an electric vehicle.

1 Like

Yes, however the latest version as leaked on the interweb seems to be a bit boxier. Launch date is this March.

1 Like

VW are planning to spin of Porsche potentially valued at €100bn.

Not sure I understand this listing though. Porsche Automobil Holding SE - PAH3d - Share Chat

VW ownership structure is notoriously complicated for historic reasons.
PAH3d is the majority owner of VW Group and not directly involved with Porsche as a car brand. It’s the car brand that is to be floated separately.

Edit:
You can also view it as:
PAH3 - Porsche the family
New IPO - Porsche the car

2 Likes

That’s a good way of thinking about it. Thanks @Tim

I found this which explains a little of the history, I knew there was some boardroom jiggly pokery but it sounds like a BBC Four drama.

A takeover of one by the other has been on the cards since October 2008 when Porsche failed to buy up Volkswagen, racking up more than €10bn in debts but falling short of the 75% of shares targeted. The German car company responded by purchasing 49.9% of Porsche.

Good business if VW can spin Porsche for the low end of €50bn when they brought 50.1% for £3.6bn in 2012.

The new Buzz is here ( almost )

2 Likes

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/vw-group-ceo-diess-leave-company-porsches-blume-named-successor

Diess becomes the latest in a long line of leaders undone by VW’s complex hodgepodge of power centers. Skirmishes between the automaker’s controlling shareholder family, trade union and the German state of Lower Saxony that holds a significant stake have undermined performance and ended careers.

It’ll be interesting now they have the same CEO (for now at least) how that affects the Porsche spin off / IPO.