Debenhams - DEB.L

Meh, itā€™s no problem. Better to be squeaky clean, certainly at this stage.

8 Likes

I have nearly 700 shares at 3pence. Cost me about Ā£12 ish canā€™t really remember theyā€™ve just required a loan which canā€™t all be bad. Just hoping they reach Ā£1 a share :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: worth the risk.

2 Likes

Sold my 51 shares today for 10p profit. Iā€™m happy with that :grin:

4 Likes

I got out of Debenhams yesterday for the most tragic of reasons. My investment feed looks so cool with really edgy US stocks and I thought Debenhams made it look cheapā€¦ Out at a small loss (but my feed now looks awesomeā€¦)

7 Likes

I got myself shares for about 60Ā£ (about 1750 shares) and when they peaked yesterday sold them making about 12Ā£. So for my first ever trade, Iā€™m happy. :blush:

16 Likes

Great start to trading - well done! Iā€™m hanging on to my Ā£5 worth for now, just in case!

2 Likes

Lenders have just given further backing if required to stop a fire sale. Would force any new takeover bids to be at a higher price, also with a CVA they could wipe out a load of overheads. Worth getting back into ???

I had a good trade with Acacia and then made the mistake to get back into that later, which caused a big loss. I think thereā€™s something about ā€œnot getting back with the exā€ here for me.

8 Likes

I took a punt on Ā£20 worth of Debenhams, I am hanging onto them although not sure in the present retail climate if thatā€™s a good idea. Maybe Mike Ashley will save them and we will make a profit. If not Ā£20 is half a night out lost. Will do my liver good.

3 Likes

This was my idea. Bought 1,000 shares for about Ā£30 on the vain hope that Debenhams will be turned around. Itā€™s a gamble which I will more than likely lose.

Braver than me - my limit was Ā£5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did the same thing. Bought about 500 shares just in case they bounce back which is, of course, it is less likely. But itā€™s only few pounds. No coffee for a week :grin:

1 Like

Not looking good at the moment

1 Like

Itā€™s rather telling that 4 months ago the CEO paid 8p a share for 99k worth.they are now worth about 33k. If these were bargains heā€™d be buying more. I donā€™t think its hit the bottom. The debt to total capital is 43% compared with 21% last year. Despite its big balance sheet debt surely the goodwill is worth something.

1 Like

If they were to be bought out by another retailer that is not struggling (for arguiments sake, Asda), what would happen to the Debenhams stocks? Would they be exchanged to the equivilent Asda shares? Or would the price go up (potentially) because they now have a bigger backing?

2 Likes

Ashley goes for the board of Debenhams again.

2 Likes

Ooooo looks like the Mike Ashley news is creeping up the price of Debenhams shares. Everyone laughed when I bought 800 shares, :facepunch:t4: cmon

4 Likes

Havenā€™t actually looked at Debenhams, but buying something cheap when it appears to be in trouble is more of a gamble than an investment. It could pay off big time if they do turn things round, but you could also lose the lot if it goes pear shaped. Someone I know tried to do the same with Carillionā€¦

Nothing wrong with a bit of a gamble but you need to be aware that thatā€™s what it is.

1 Like

I guess it works on a risk VS impact model.

Investing in an estabilshed company is low risk but would have high impact, whereas investing in something like Debenhams would have a high risk low impact

1 Like

Totally agree which is why I only invested Ā£20 not Ā£20,000. Reward is heigh risk is low :+1:t4:

1 Like