What is going on today? - Megathread

some have gone uptoday which is a shock

5 Likes

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2022/11/first-direct-regular-saver-interest-rate-doubled/

7%

Sounded good, until you read the restrictive terms. But definitely seeing quite good rates across the board now so things are looking up for savers.

USA jobs report 250k hot as hell. Rates higher. Expect strong $, weak £

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feature Request] Second graph option

You really can’t make this up. Diabolical.

1 Like

Check out $MMAT. Finra stepped in to prevent short squeeze or so it seems. Retail big losses again

1 Like

Sorry if it’s the wrong page, but I’m having a nightmare and clinging on for dear life onn most of my shares,
What happens when I have no money left in the current value :thinking: does it just go to minus or get deleted, many thanks in advance.

A lot of us are in the same boat, you’ll go minus, you still own the shares, that doesn’t change, just their value. Over time they will likely recover, just need to be patient.

I think you are referring to the gain/loss Emmie, the current value can’t go below £0.

1 Like

Well, unless you hold ARGO :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Something popping today

I believe it’s because the Inflation figures in the US aren’t as bad as expected

3 Likes

Something strange is happening because I’m agreeing with Bill Ackman! For the foreseeable future the choice will be between anemic (or no growth) and 2% inflation or robust growth and higher inflation and in that situation you’d have to choose the latter. This links to what others like Russell Napier have said.

1 Like

I don’t agree. That is the very essence of inflation expectations becoming unanchored. Wave bye bye to growth, imo. Money has to have a cost and cheap money makes for bad production.

This could be leg three of the 5 leg downtrend. Looking good for long term buyers territory. Could be the big dip to get in on with a long term value strategy.

1 Like

Come on Santa :santa:, where’s your rally?

7 Likes

Seems to be stuck in reverse:-(

Good news for me is that my entire portfolio cant get any worse… it’s all in double digit red now… well, it could go into triple digit red, if thats even possible.

7 Likes