What is going on today? - Megathread

This is the end. My only friend, the end!

5 Likes

There is a dearth of talent in all of our political parties if you ask me I don’t know what it says about us as a country.

2 Likes

Whatever next!

Yes but Angela etc if they get iin power they want to tax more on stocks and shares mehhhh mehhhh wendy mehhh

1 Like

It’s maybe a counter intuitive thing to say here but that seems like a good thing to me. I feel like if we want to create a stable society that allows for future growth then we need to increase tax in capital. Otherwise we’re just kicking problems further down the road again, and they’ll come back to bite hard in the future!

1 Like

Unfortunately:

I am seeing quite some uncertainty.

2 Likes

Looks like the buy button is due for a workout tomorrow

3 Likes

Looks like the app is staying closed tomorrow!

2 Likes

USA pressuring ASML to ban China (biggest market) from chip making machines (cold War imo) and also Burry predicting China invades Taiwan 2024 and that Europe war will spread to EU through Lithuania

Is this another bear rally? Before the big 50 dip? :))))

It’s a good job I didn’t keep this as a running total! :joy:

6 Likes

If only we could short the cabin are office. Would have made a fortune :grin:

2 Likes

GameStop announced a 4:1 stock dividend yesterday so that should be interesting

1 Like

He gone. Kind of

FTSE @ 7188

1 Like

Fast news day today. Headline: gme stock DIVIDEND

Other news: Boris quits

Other news : Russia says USA / EU price controls on Russian oil won’t work (obviously)

Other news: nationalised EDF and German gas

Just the beginning…

3 Likes

Lame duck PM till autumn, unless anything else changes.
Government with the lack of ministers isn’t much better.

Somewhat disappointing/astounding that lying to his party/MPs is the thing that triggered all these ministerial resignations and pushed him to resign and not all the other shenanigans/smoke and mirrors.

7 Likes

Tax rises or spending cuts are needed to avoid an “unsustainable” public debt burden, the UK’s fiscal watchdog has warned.

I think the UK may nationlized the North Sea oil and gas imo. Gonna get hairy

I would be very surprised tbh.

2 Likes

Wait till gas and electricity quintuples in price