What is going on today? - Megathread

Is it safe to come out from behind the sofa yet? :scream:

1 Like

I’d stay put at the moment and only have a peek round the corner if i was you :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Volatility purely for theatre. This is a bull market for quality.

1 Like

What a shocker of a day again… red as far as the eye can reach… portfolio, watchlist, everything red !!

1 Like

If anybody has looked at the market and the amount of crisis events happening and become totally confused why the crisis lasts one week and rebounds every time, it is because;

They will print their way out of everything and bail out the wealthy systems because god forbid the wealthy lose out in capitalism. This means one thing, inflation. Lower living standards and high prices for the foreseeable.

This was realised by Raoul Pal back in 2021. They will simply print, bailout and inflate you into infinity. You as the investor are not safe or bailed out, but if you do not invest you will lose out to inflation, so it’s a lose/lose for most people with the chance to win over many decades of investing. Inflation is a threat for as far out as your mind can comprehend.

Do not fall for the theatre of these ‘panic crashes’ or ‘crisis events’, if they want to stay rich their easiest remedy is to print your money and bail ‘themselves’ out and inflate you away.

Pessimistic but undeniably true. Optimism is for the ones who get bailed out every time.

1 Like

We are all just trying to play the game to avoid inflation and build wealth but as we know this is within rules set by those in power, where their also the referee and can change the rules of the game at any time.

Its the Foucauldian Game of Truth!

2 Likes

UK Inflation came in hot. Inflation in other developed countries is trending down already.

1 Like

I blame the salad

2 Likes

Oh no it’s the Ukraine/Russian war or it’s covid…(sarcasm)

5 Likes

I can smell the hikes. Maybe not 0.5 on the fed this time but we’ll get there

1 Like

How about we blame politicians for their poor policy making. Im sure its absolutely impossible for a virus which causes illness in humans to also cause inflation. Its the UK’s response to these events which cause it. Politicians just blame everyone and everything else bar themselves.

4 Likes

Exactly what I mentioned. Inflation is here to stay and now they can not do anything to control it. Wage price spirals are probably the biggest target to attack try ease inflation.

This will be a persistent decade of people trying to earn more and wealthy people trying to prevent you from doing that.

Bailing out banks with tax payer money whilst the banks have been ripping people off by not passing on savings rates is savage.

1 Like

After yesterday’s late, big falls in the US stock markets, it feels like today’s going to be another “hide behind the sofa” day.

3 Likes

I might raid the back of the sofa while I’m there and see if any penny’s to invest on the next dip down ha

5 Likes

Who’s going shopping - might add to my LGEN currently £2.22 such a bargain dividend stock.

1 Like

Yup. I would be backing up the truck at these levels. Roll on 6th April.

1 Like

What’s happening on the 6th ?

I’m waiting for Aviva to drop back into the £3.80s personally to top up. Not brave enough to buy anything else ha

1 Like

ISA refresh

1 Like