What is going on today? - Megathread

This is a bull market, it can run for another 7-15 years. The gains from the major winners will simply flow into the more under appreciated stocks and the market will keep growing.

This exuberance isn’t like ‘virtual reality’ tipped in the 1990’s to be ‘the next big thing’, this is money making cash generating profit growing A.I. being rolled out at scale - the past 14 years are about to rhyme, this is the next continued growth faze of the internets capability.

S&P 500 to reach 6000, then 7000, then pullback, then 8000…

If anything this is a stock pickers market as I mentioned about the gains from the winners will be trimmed and purchased into the less appreciated stocks - that will solidify the stock markets upward trajectory.

2 Likes

US CPI exceeded predictions, so I think any plans to lower interest rates might be postponed. So, it could slow down the current strong performance in the stock market.

1 Like

Rough start today. All my stocks in red. But I am confident that it will pick up. Looking forward to upcoming earning reports. Those will be more important than only the macro-economic factors.

Nothing but red arrows today for me

Red days = buying days :smiling_face_with_tear: :star_struck:

1 Like

@acamp is there a topping up problem trying to get in to buy before market closes and it keeps saying due to a tech error, thanks

Dammit that’s so annoying the full time I was trying my portfolio went up 22% yes that’s a good thing but I could had the money in there for that rise, let’s just hope the market doesn’t decide to rise like crazy tommorow which sods law it end up will.

1 Like

22% in a matter of minutes, what on earth are you invested in?

1 Like

How did you try to top up? Through your linked bank?

Yes tried it like 14x or something it kept saying theirs a technical issue so and it went past half 4.

Haven’t tried again as I just put cash in when needed. I’m asking my bank as well atm if it’s an issue in their end. Cheers

That’s my total loss across all stocks vs working it’s way back to green for today. People must of been doing some pumping near the end of the day like I wanted to but I missed out a tad.

Funny how this happens when the market crashes you can’t top up

1 Like

It’s in days like this that I see the importance of owning a bunch of well balanced ETFs and keeping a large cash allocation ready for use.

1 Like

Yes I just keep the cash in the bank because of better interest rates while it sits, it could of been my bank I’m still waiting on a repliy.

The stocks I have the majority in are etfs and a decent bit in one single stock so that would of taken a beating today, then I have a good few other single stocks but not tons of cash in those.

I guess I’m still not diverse enough or the markets just decided to yolo today after someone mentioned market correction they jixed it I blame them haha.

2 Likes

A promising start of the day, with Vodafone trending up.

Puzzled by £TUN pendulum-like price action and £UKW going down for no particular reason.

1 Like

Looks like I was right - Warren buffet here

2 Likes

Green US premarket today. I’m thinking it’s part pumping, part covering, and will end up selling off.

Same thing happened in response to a hot US CPI in October last year when the Nasdaq was at a high point. Market sold off, next day premarket was green, opened bullish and then dropped in the 30 mins after the open, closing lower.

Dip buyers, or profit takers… time will tell…

1 Like

Totally agree on UKW. I think it’s ex-div tomorrow so extra bizarre

1 Like

@acamp Hi so the bank says it wasn’t on their end so I think it was an issue with freetrade side?

Cheers

Sorry @Kiava i thought I came back to you. I think there were some issues with our open banking partner that triggered this. Have you managed to top up?

1 Like

No worries I haven’t tried as of yet I only Usally out cash in when it’s needed but I’m sure it will work on the next red day :slight_smile:

Cheers