What is going on today? - Megathread

7 Likes

reverse repo - 4th time over a trilly

5 Likes

3 Likes

PLTR now accepts gold for payments (also bought $50M worth)

inflation hedging?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cme-group-denies-rumors-bid-183200076.html

1 Like

Wow, that was a sudden drop this morning…

I’m not gonna even report the reverse repo in the USA but its safe to presume that its over a trillion dollars each day now.

I also think Chinas reaction with regard to markets is a result of being exposed to bad US investments and now has members of the CCP retreanching positions / consolidating power cos when evergrande and huarong blow with others it ain’t gon be pretty.

I’m watching info on tapers getting more sudden and central bank balancing acts.

1 Like

Can you explain the reverse repo, in words that a dog would understand? :sweat_smile:
Tnx

2 Likes

in words that a dog would understand?

“Good boy, who’s a good boy, who’s a gooood boy, walkies! Walkies! Woof!”

14 Likes

A pawn shop that exchanges cash for treasuries for a day. It’s at all time highs

1 Like

Thought this was a good read for those who are new to investing and thinking of looking on social media :+1: Not extensive at all but not a bad starting guide when thinking about trusting random people on the internet who are cashing in on what they say.

6 Likes
2 Likes

All good.

1 Like

It’s been a long time I don’t post anything in, but I read it and thought it might be something to keep a eye on.

5 Likes

A couple interesting articles today.

2 Likes

I’ve sold my $BABA holding - I just don’t think I want to second guess what the CCP will or won’t do next.

2 Likes

Totally agree and there is a lot of noise about China at the moment especially when adding the article @RGol posted above. :+1: It could be a bumpy year or so :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Add to that the complicated structures that have been set up in shady tax havens to own these instruments - because they’re not shares.

4 Likes

china is super rough at the mo. It’s evident they have no time for bubbles however hindsight is 20/20 cos they are a major player in the world economy now and they have responsibilities. This is why i think this is why they keep huarong and evergrande on life support with cash injections and warnings etc. Otherwise, they would have let them die 7+ months ago. Unfortunately I think in this instance they are trying to sweep the tide with a broom in keeping institutions with bad debt going.

evergrand, if i’m not mistaken, has been breaking worldwide records with regards to losses. It’s ev division lost 80 billion in market cap (empty warehouses i think) and having to selloff parts of housing…