What is your one most favourite stock for 2021?

Was a while ago, if I find it Iā€™ll post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a position in BFT but I see it more of a mid-term hold. Long term I think payments market will be disrupted by some kind of level 1 civilisation payment system. I get it that they managed to solve key KYC challenges but those might get solved with something like digital ID.

Long term iā€™d say most payment plays are not as safe as most people might think. Paysafe obviously less so than something like Square, but still.

1 Like

UpWork $UPWK for me. Up 102% currently and hoping thereā€™s an awful lot more to come. Been a user of their product since Elance and excited by their product development going into what looks to be a perfect storm with a dramatically accelerated move to digital, more belief in remote working/workers and long-term recession (more people moving into self-employment). Great financials last quarter.

2 Likes

$TDOC
This will be the next Tesla and will go go and go.

Teladoc Health is the worldā€™s only integrated virtual care system for delivering, enabling and empowering whole-person healthā€”from wellness and prevention to acute care to complex healthcare needs.

7 Likes

ITM Power!

7 Likes

SoFi merger with IPOE - Social capital V

AWS for US fintechā€™s, picks and shovels play.

Galileo powers Robinhood, Monzo (US), Revolut, Chime and many more :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So which is the ONE most favorite of 2021?

2 Likes

Lemonade Insurance LMND - itā€™s had a great start to the year and as it expands its products and geographic footprint investor interest will continue to increase.

5 Likes

Check this part of the video before you put too much money into SoFi.

2 Likes

My ONE pick is SoFi, the other brands mentions above are customers of SoFi.

I love the unrivalled investing YT channel, I will check it out. I didnā€™t have much awareness of SoFi before the announcement. The Galileo product has the most upside when the legacy banks all need to update their infrastructure. Similar to what Thought Machine are doing in the UK

1 Like

Does Monzo still use Galileo or have they brought there infrastructure in-house. They are also suggesting that Robinhood will bring it in house.

1 Like

Iā€™m long on lemonade - the insurance industry has nice juicy margins to disrupt

1 Like

Ncino !! American and a lot of the rest of the worldā€™s banking needs a shake up

1 Like

Great listening to directors interviews and I get the need for battery storage especially in Africa where the power stations are overloaded.
Above pre COVID levels, interesting to see whatā€™s made it jumĆ³ so much in the last month 60-%

2 Likes

So Iā€™m going with SPCE (Virgin Galactic). Firstly, itā€™s just cool. Iā€™m sure SpaceX are cooler but theyā€™re not listed so, SPCE it is.

Second, they still have a low market cap (Ā£5.91bn atm) given the potential size of the markets they are going after. Space tourism is a bit of an unknown, but they are the only players really close to making it happen, and I think they will get more than enough bookings to be viable on that alone. They failed a test flight in December and have identified the issue, and due to go again in the next month or two. A successful test flight will remove a lot of doubt and the next flight will be Richard Branson going up. They made the right choice in CEO getting an ex Disney guy who can understand how to sell it.

Their bigger market will be supersonic flights which they are well positioned to progress on. Supersonic flight market is supposedly going to be worth hundreds of billions a year.

If they start flying people to space this stock will do amazingly well, and even better once they progress supersonic flight plans.

I also like the look of Blackberry.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on BlackBerry please

I think Teladoc should be exciting this year.

Also a much more I speculative bet is Ehang. If Iā€™m being honest Iā€™m not totally sold on the premise however I think thereā€™s a possibility as tesla and evs lose their shine (which it inevitably will) people will start to look for the next innovations in transportation and it might garner some interest.

It has to be FastForward Innovations.

Of itā€™s stable of investee companies the below are the most exciting. Weā€™ve been waiting patiently for three years for it to gestate and 2021 is now the year everything comes to fruition.

*Yooma: Is listing this month IPO (Chinese Media CBD and wellness sales)

*Leap gaming: Is listing around March we own 44% of it (Virtual Sport Gaming company IMG arena own 25%

*EMMAC: Listing first quarter (Largest European Medicinal Cannabis company GMP certified and vertically integrated)

*Portage Biotech: holds 8 Immunotherapy 1 of which is partnered with Merck and Bristol Myers Squibb.

*Juvenescence: Listing first quarter. Massive Longevity health and wellness backed by the scientists that brought Biohaven into existence endorsed by Barclays wealth.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking to get into eSports for a while now and am certainly tempted by GFinity, largely because they seem to be coming at things from a slightly different angle: where most investment is raised to manage a team, GFinity seem to be coming at things from a B2B Marketing Point of view, which is something that I know a bit about.

Iā€™ve been trying to find their competitors in the space, but havenā€™t been able to find a lot. Have you come up with anything? What do think the main risks are for them in 2021?

I like that they are heavily involved in Esports and gaming a huge growth area but donā€™t have the pressure of having to develop top games, they just have to feature whatever makes its way to the top.
In terms of risk I thinks its

• Recession, that may just take disposable money out of a lot of pockets but given the market I think it could still work

• I suppose also a big name moving rapidly into their space either through or both acquisitions, financial clout and tech ability.

It may be my bias but I donā€™t see much downside. This is a different company to the cash burning lifestyle business it was before John Clarke came in, and you can see that quite clearly in the sp gain since March when he started.
His first day in charge was the day the first national lock down was announced