What percentage are you up? (Or down 🤕)

From 13 % gain to less than 5%, what a day! Hanging in here. Maybe is a good time to buy? Thought :thought_balloon:

Lost nearly 5% in a day. Nature of the beast I guess

2 Likes

22% up in my Freetrade account which contains mainly etfs and gold/silver at the moment.

16.48% in the last 12 months. This figure was rather higher last week :stuck_out_tongue:

7% down as of today. Picked the worst time possible to start a new pot :frowning:

2 Likes

My portfolio is down roughly 8% at the moment. I’ve been slightly averaging down all week, I’m going to wait into next week and see how the VIX starts to react. When it begins to drop then level off I’m going to dump a decent amount into the market as that may signal a reversal.

2 Likes

I started averaging down on Tuesday, then Wednesday then realised I was somewhat pissing in the wind, tempted to lay down another £25 on each on my list today but I don’t trust my decision making at the moment, may wait to see what Monday holds :laughing:

1 Like

Can’t believe how well the majority of you are still doing. I was up about 11% before the current crash. I’m only up about 1% now, on all I’ve invested.

1 Like

Im now down 3%. I’ve now realised how much more exciting a correction/bear market can be though! Spare cash is ready and waiting to go

2 Likes

I’m up about £25. That used to be £2500.

Thought it would be a while before I saw VWRL in the low 60’s!

2 Likes

My biggest holding is Disney and it’s trading down 24.5% from the yearly high and currently 16% down for myself :smile::see_no_evil: if ever there was a time to average down, surely it can’t go lower lol

2 Likes

Mine is down nearly £4k since Monday :frowning:

But if this stuff was easy everyone would be doing it - I’m just gonna batten down the hatches and ride it out

3 Likes

I wish I had your restraint. This has been a good learning experience for me, since my biggest losses are stupid impulse buys trying to cover small losses

lesson learned: trust your research, not your gut :laughing:

1 Like

Down around 15%…Only been on FT since January. Tough times. But I also think this is a great experience to go through :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was up 6.7 last week now I’m down 6.7. I am still new to investing so I am still learning. I put a lot more than I intended to so this week I think it’s best not to put anymore in.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s restraint of helplessness - time will tell :mask:

1 Like

That can be a dangerous assumption!

9 Likes

I think you’ll find it most certainly could and likely will until more positive news starts coming in about COVID19.

This weekend will be important I think. Markets closed until Monday. If germany and the US start to have cases then I think that’ll keep next week spiralling

1 Like

Less people are travelling to Disneyland at this time but do you really believe Disney will go bankrupt? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like