What rewards would you like to receive for investing in Freetrade? 🎁

Which charity though? I don’t donate to national charities, only local ones. Will Fairtrade list every charity in the UK? Amazon Smile, for example, does have a local one I donate to so it is possible to achieve this. Which charity gets priority if not?

Personally, I feel lets keep it simple.

1 Like

Whatever charity Freetrade want to donate to, to keep it simple.

1 Like

Let’s put this to a good old fashioned vote

• Charity
  • Merch
  • Other

0 voters

If you give to charity directly as a individual then you can let the charity claim Gift Aid which adds an extra 25p for every £1 you give, while not costing you any extra.

2 Likes
  • App Icon is a very good / cost effective idea
  • For merchandise has to be something relatively low cost but a good marketing/conversation starter , like a Key ring / Coffee cup etc
  • Discounted ISA or Alpha is also good idea , will encourage more Freetraders to use these services, which are long term revenue generator .
  • Free Alpha for week or whatever days/weeks depending on amount of investment
7 Likes

What merch do people want?

• Socks
  • Bottle
  • Flip flops
  • T-shirt
  • Jumper
  • Onesie
  • Pen
  • Mug

0 voters

2 Likes

Agreed. -1 for charity donation.

1 Like

I would think about some kind of digital milestone rather Than physical object. In the world surrounded by object they loose value and excitement pretty quickly. I would add for each category some kind of a special perk in the app or this forum. Lower fees - Special logo - badge - or some sort of membership that perks and change over time. Starting from 10% off for some kind of service. OR maybe free subscription to the Ecomist or Financial Times or Bloomberg to follow the news and trends. Or recommended list of books on investing. Keep the knowledge and interest growing. Hope that helps

5 Likes

Another - 1 for charity donation. Freetrade should be using as much of the funding round as possible to grow the business and for many people this would be a very tax inefficient way to donate to charity.

1 Like

A choice would be great, Freetrade branded merch or charitable donation.

I don’t want anything going anywhere apart from growing freetrade. I dont care for tin hats and whatever poundland items are being tossed up (why not buy them and sell them instead with a small mark up?!). If I invest in free trade I want 100% maximum efficiency of that money. I dont see how flip flops help the growth of the firm at all. Once free trade is a multi billion pound company i couldn’t care less if they want to chuck around a few Bob but at the moment you are coming to me for money to keep you alive. Priorities folks.

7 Likes

Not a fan of the merch idea. Expensive, with lots of logistics involved, and once the novelty has worn off people will care less. Plus they’re a distraction from the main product in my opinion. And I’ve seen how long it can take to approve something like a T-shirt design.

If any rewards exist, I think things like a custom app icon, early access to new stocks, pick the next new stock to be added, a few free instant trades, early invites to meetings/investor only meetings, priority top ups, and so on. And scale them up for different investment amounts if needed.

Things which are more fundamental to the product and some of which aren’t too costly in terms of engineering time or marginal costs.

Or on the more expensive side (not sure if legal) but something like every £10 invested gets you an entry in a draw to win an share in Alphabet/Amazon/other fairly expensive share.

2 Likes

Agreed on the distraction aspect. Let’s keep the team focused on building the app not being street vendors

1 Like

I can guarantee that where I work, having a bright pink mug/bottle/item on my desk will cause people to ask where I got it to get one themselves similar to flashing the bright orange Monzo card.

As investing is currently something the average public consider for the well off, the informed or people in finance, it’s a lot easier to for me to introduce people to Freetrade through that rather than saying “hurrdurrr do you even invest bro? Check out these fresh ETFs”. The merch is marketing.

9 Likes

Maybe free ISA, as a half-way to the free Alpha - personally the merch isn’t that important to me, prefer to share the qualities of Freetrade by word of mouth!

2 Likes

Name on a plaque somewhere inside Freetrade HQ :eyes:

1 Like

That would be a very big plaque

1 Like

Looking through his thread, the options that appeal to me most would be some kind of reduced/removal of fee from existing services.

A free ISA would be a big thing for me. Similarly, free Alpha or free immediate trades would be great.

1 Like

Agree with this. +1 for a mug at a relatively low investment amount. This happened in our workplace with hot coral cards!

2 Likes

Agree with the sentiment to get more in app rewards that the team won’t spend alot of time sorting out. I think some physical merch would be good too though. Personally I’d like some hot pink sticky notes with the freetrade logo web address underneath and the phrase “own it”.
I can then use them in my day to day and any small notes I pass to colleagues will be little and very cheap advertising. For a modern world we still use alot of notes! For now at least.

6 Likes