What is going on today? - Megathread

Saleing and buying stocks based on the news it happens when you are emotionally engaged.

1 Like

Bit of a rollercoaster week so far!

6 Likes

Some good news coming out of China for once.

Big Tech insider trading

4 Likes

We know Jeff is pumping money into the Blue Origin legal department but what is Zuck up to …

Maybe he knows that with iOS 15’s release the bullion most valuable users have opted out of his particular brand of tracking.

2 Likes

That is a really odd article that looks like it just wants to paint a picture on Facebook/MZ. Why would they use the scales to show a HUGE blue tower on the right when the value is actually 3 times lower than the Amazon one?

Number of shares sold really is unimportant in a comparison as they are doing. It’s like they had the story then made the graphic to fit the narrative. Hidden in the smallest graphic shows that Amazon is the massive transactions but the vast majority implies it is all about the Facebook thing.

5 Likes

I think theyve just gone on number of shares sold rather than value per share

1 Like

I understand that but it is a stupid thing to go on as penny shares for example could be millions and worth bugger all. If you look at the page it is covered in about 75% blue in total to make it out that MZ sold more but everyone in investing knows the number of shares is not important as every share is different value.
Hence my point they had a story then made the graphic to suit it. :+1:

Headline is “Which big tech CEO has sold the most stock?” And with all that blue you would think it is MZ but JB sold 3 times more. It’s just a poor graphic with an agenda. Interesting data though :joy: :+1:

2 Likes

I drove past 3 petrol stations on my way to work today and every one had queue off of the forecourt onto the roads.

:rotating_light: Let the panic buying commence :rotating_light:

4 Likes

/me runs to the shop to buy bog roll :roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper::roll_of_toilet_paper:

3 Likes

Yesterday, I received an email from United Utilities saying the reservoirs were only 36% full - so out of energy and out of water too? Cue people stockpililng on bottled water…

Interesting times ahead of us!

2 Likes

Looks like I best get myself to the petrol station and supermarket

3 Likes
1 Like

“Owned by billionaire brothers Shashi and Ravi Ruia” guess they should just pay back what they owe.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Let us prey for a good week :muscle: or even get my money back lol :pensive:

3 Likes

Stonks doing bad today, sell sell sell

1 Like

Noo!
Buy buy buy!

4 Likes