Which crowdfunding companies have you invested in?

I find it fascinating to hear which crowdfunding options people choose and why. I too avoid retail, restaurants, food, and most importantly hardware on crowdcube - just too much chance of failure. In fact looking at crowdcube I’ve invested all in fintech mostly by accident. My tally so far:

• Marketsflow - put a small amount in for a crazy idea (AI/Machine learning for portfolio managment)
  • Coconut - I see this as a play to replace accountants, not a bank account, liked the pitch
  • Monzo - I’ve been with them since the alpha and like the ideas of the founder
  • Freetrade - we all know this one, I’ve long wanted low cost investing in an app and was really pleased to find freetrade - seems like a sure thing to me!

Ask me in 10 years whether this was a good idea :wink: How many crowdfunding rounds have others here invested in?

I do wish there were secondary markets for crowdfunding - feel like crowdcube is missing a trick not implementing that as they could collect fees on every transaction, but perhaps there were regulatory hurdles.

12 Likes