Why did I get different price from the one I thought bought/sold at? (Stock execution price differs)

Hi Paul, welcome to the community :ocean:. The answer is provided here:

also see

If you are still concerned please email hello@freetrade.io and support will do an execution check for you.

1 Like

true true, unless you are buying £££££ then a few pence makes no odds either way

1 Like

Personally, I find Google Finance pretty accurate and very simple to use if it’s just live prices you’re after.

It really doesn’t make a difference at all. The price on the screen isn’t reflective of the price you pay, anywhere.

Unless you want to pay for quotes, you will always just get the best price possible.

And if your investing in a way where live pricing is making a difference… you may need to reconsider either how your investing, or what platform you use.

1 Like

Lord give me the problems of someone who has time to complain about potentially losing 10p.

:face_with_peeking_eye:
but we dont know, they my have brought just one share at £9.50…
or
they may have brought 50,000 shares at £9.50 … 50,000 X 10p is lots of wonga

1 Like

The fact the platform allows for such a different is problematic.
I just experienced the same issue (not the first time), indicative price was 6.12 and execution price was 5.73, a 6.5% difference. $4 a month to get the realtime data seems cheap considering a single trade got me a +£300 loss, yet, that wouldn’t solve the issue, the platform should have a mechanism to protect users from that, perhaps we could specify what would be the max difference that we’d tolerate, say 1%, otherwise just don’t accept any quote.

1 Like

Use a Limit Order / Triggered Order.

1 Like