💔 Winner Takes Most - Monzo, Revolut, Starling, Tide, Atom, Tandem, N26 🏦

they got featured in CNN recently, I think this is PR so they mayt be close: 12 February

and this October 2020

This is all fintechs that grow andexpand eating ouR money. we are eating tgether. I have positions in $IPOE (SoFi), $SQ (square), and priavte companies so it’s all good. I hope i never have to visit a bank branch

update: forgot the gif

2 Likes

I saw those ones too. They definitely say they want a US banking license but every mention is that they ‘plan to apply’ for one, not that they have applied for one. So when they finally do apply for one, if they do, then the 18-24 month clock will start ticking from then until they get a decision.

2 Likes

Congratulations to Monzo for reaching 5 million mostly “genuine” customers :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

3 Likes

“people with an account” must include me-- I hold £0 but it’s a nice to have account. They should disclose the no. of users with cash.

3 Likes

Revolut are really hammering their basic free users with fees and restrictions, almost trying to force people to upgrade to one of their premium plans.

Just received the email today about free users being reduced to one free trade per month, also making limits on ATM withdrawals even tighter so now it’s either you start being charged 2% if you withdraw more than £200 in a month or if you do more than 5 withdrawals in a month (whichever gets hit first). Also a minimum charge of £1 once you’ve used up your allowance.

3 Likes
3 Likes

It was only a matter of time before the screw tightened. Ok can see them losing customers in droves.

Personally I love their service, the lock in, the virtual cards, the travel insurance, crypto, vaults, U$ stonks (i dont use that), reporting in PDFs or excel sheets, cash backs. Who withdraws cash unless you’re abroad in some “3rd world” country? yes Ive travelled and had no problem with some fees because it’s not a free servce. Compared with Monzo which i love they’re miles ahead. I like the coral card though but you use Android Pay these days

2 Likes

People that withdraw cash probably aren’t the customers they want…

2 Likes