Wirex

The numbers on the face of it are more impressive than the biggest Fintechs in the UK, but something doesnā€™t sit well with me here. I donā€™t understand how they derived Ā£315 million of revenue. Iā€™m giving this one a wide berth, but would be interested to hear other peopleā€™s thoughts.

5 Likes

I was one of their very very early users, they were almost invisibleā€¦ anyway i stopped using their products and the card. Not for me, not for my taste and not for my needs. And the share price is ridiculous.

1 Like

I too stopped using their cards and accounts. I was a very early user. I felt it was a poor UX to start but it did improve.

I signed up to the Crowdcube offering and upon further examination lost all interest.

UK is probably the best in the world in terms of developing fintechs on a per capita basis, but that also increases chance of market saturation.

2 Likes

Wide berth for me also (gut feeling)

1 Like

If I see one more ā€œwe want to give our users a chance to investā€ campaigns Iā€™ll cry :o)

Really makes me worry that there is a bit of a mess in their finances and with the preferential A & B shares, I worry about what crowdfund investors would actually get back.

2 Likes

https://www.fintechfutures.com/2021/03/fca-cracks-down-on-wirex-after-it-turned-a-blind-eye-for-more-than-two-years/

Thought this article was worth sharing. FCA seems to be taking all the wirex complaints seriously now.

1 Like

Interesting read. Thanks Luke!

1 Like