Withdraw ISA - UK

Hi everyone

Itā€™s really great to be here.

Just wanted to ask you - I have opened an ISA with a provider that I didnā€™t quite like so I have decided to withdraw funds and close the account within the 7 days cooling off period. Can I open another ISA in the same financial year, as I assume my account is treated now as never opened? I have confirmation from the previous provider that I am free to open another one and that wonā€™t be a problem but I just want to know your views on that.

Cheers
Zuzanna

Yes, thatā€™s exactly how the ISA rules work. Itā€™s not specific to provider, itā€™s a general rule that you can change your mind within seven days and open another account.

Welcome to the community.

1 Like

When it is worth it to open an ISA based on your portfolio value and capital gains?

1 Like

Letā€™s assume youā€™re not a trader and go for dividend income. Ā£2000 are generally free as dividend income per year. If you make Ā£2036 in dividends, an ISA at Ā£3 per month is worth it. But you canā€™t just switch your stocks from general to ISA account whenever you want, so this will need some planning on your side beforehand.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!