Woodbois - WBI - Share Chat

Hopefully lots of good news about carbon credit sales :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can share the tweet and then people can click through. Itā€™s cleaner than screenshots :ok_hand:t2:

Thanks for that ! Here is the link :grin:

3 Likes

Woodbois Ltd - London-headquartered African-focused timber producer - Posts higher revenue as volumes of sawmill and veneer production grows. Revenue in the first half of 2022 jumps 38% to USD11.3 million from USD8.2 million a year ago. Gross profit margin rises to 23% from 20%.

Veneer production rises 50% over the year to 2,740 cubic metres, while sawmill production grows 37% to 9,565 cubic metres.

ā€œThe group continuously monitors exposure to customers in countries that are starting to experience an inflation-driven slowdown or import controls. We are pleased to note that pricing and demand for our high-quality products currently remains robust, particularly from the Middle East and growth economies of North Africa,ā€ firm says.

The company has a focus on Mouila, Gabon. Adds that 2022 is ā€œon track to deliver strong revenue and profit growthā€. Chief Executive Officer Paul Dolan says: ā€œWhilst there are many challenges ahead, the next step in our journey to scale the business is the full commissioning of our second veneer line in Mouila, Gabon, which we expect to contribute to a further increase in revenues, margins and profitability.ā€

1 Like
3 Likes

Well thatā€™s nice, but I am NOT delighted by the 43.57% drop thatā€™s showing today.

1 Like

Slow and steady wins the race. Best time to buy more.

Maybeā€¦

1K ON IT FOR ME

Iā€™m a bit concerned by the ā€œ1 offā€ expenses that keep appearing on their accounts. Poorly explained, are the management wineing and dining at our expense?

I am almost 50% down on this one as things stand today. :sob:

1 Like

Depends how much Ā£ you put in

Well, 50% is 50% - doesnā€™t matter how much Ā£ you put in, if itā€™s down by 50% then itā€™s halved.

Or did you mean that for someone else sorry?

Although its current P/E ratio makes its shares look enticing, I believe itā€™s a value trap.

1 Like

I have the same feeling sadly. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

What is going on with this stock so many big guns recommended this :cry:

Did some research to find out what the 1-offs were about in last company accounts. Seems it was because they bought a Gabonese company LGBIF at a much lower than market value so have to show the difference in their balance sheet as a ā€œBargain Purchaseā€. So intrinsically I guess we just have to ignore this in the revenue numbers. However, everything else in the company account seems pretty positive and going in the right direction in terms of growth - and this includes the future potential for Carbon Credits. So I donā€™t really see the reason why the price continues to drop atm. My Simply Wall St analysis is saying a ā€œfair priceā€ is as low as Ā£0.00086 but I think often these low cap, only recently profitable companies that happen to have non-cash earning donā€™t get dealt with fairly in their metrics.

Anyway, itā€™s the lowest price ever atm so Iā€™ve just topped up to 1k. Hope I donā€™t regret it!

6 Likes

Iā€™m hanging in there for the carbon credits
Thanks for sharing :+1:t3:

1 Like

This nose dive looks dangerous. Iā€™m still holding on :grimacing:

at the expense of sounding like a ā€˜moonboyā€™ ā€¦ I donā€™t think youā€™ll regret it but my horizon on this is 3+years and then some so it might take some time for this to come good

1 Like