Your stock of the month - April 2019

Sirius minerals is my upwardly mobile stock at the moment. Although it’s relatively cheap in comparisons to the Disney’s of this world.

Sirius minerals is my present gamble, fingers crossed for some good news and a bounce. The majority of other investments are in low cost index trackers. Am planning to move almost all into ETF’s
leaving just a little to play/gamble with. Having lost 72p with Debenhams I’ve learnt my lesson :wink:

4 Likes

GOOGLEFINANCE allows you to return historic closing prices into a sheet.

I used to use google finance to track my portfolio. Then they removed that feature about a year ago, pretty annoying.

2 Likes

Disney at +24% and Blackstone at +20% have been my best this month. Microsoft and Starbucks follow at +11% and +7% respectively.

But at the other end I’m like -3% on Vodafone.

2 Likes

Unless you bought your stock this month, how can you even see what percent up/down you are? As far as I’m aware, you can’t exactly see this in Freetrade?

Assume you’re all using other apps?

1 Like

I’m just using the 1 month graph on each stock. Can see roughtly what it is from that

1 Like

What’s your thinking regarding Sirius minerals? I was tempted by it!

At buying the intention was to wait till trial resolves in either failure or sufficiently positive results to move towards approval and warrant a further trial. It was not a huge amount of money invested and I was happy with a binary outcome at the price i bought the shares having followed the company since mid 2017 when I saw it mentioned by a frustrated Neil Woodford in an update on the performance of one of his funds.

With such a large rise in such a short period of time my resolve to hold until result of trial is being tested. It may be an idea to sell some off and take risk off the table. However, even with the recent rise the share price in my opinion reflects a small portion of the value the company will have if the drug succeeds in trial. Because they are targeting a disease where there is unmet need and no adequate treatment currently available, they will likely not need as many rounds of clinical trials as a typical new drug in a development cycle.

1 Like

I am by no means an expert Jack but I saw the low share price a few months back and looked into them.

Fellow north east folk, massive mineral deposits which I believe have generated many hundreds of lucrative deals worldwide. The caveat is they are short on cash and looking to secure a financial deal to enable them to fly high.

I have taken a punt really but my investment is not breaking any banks.

4 Likes

I was having a look at Games Workshop for a while but didn’t take a punt on it.

It seems to be performing very strongly at the moment with some decent returns.

My best performing shares has been ASOS. It’s up around the 8% mark. Then it’s JD Sports followed by Boohoo.

I’m strongly looking at the Games Workshop as my next investment. Pay day was last week so need to invest some money :slight_smile:

+1 on Games Workshop. Didn’t get in as early but it’s been a great source of growth.

2 Likes

Same - switched to bloomberg though and its pretty good.

Do you subscribe to Bloomberg? Or is there a free portfolio-tracking feature?

Its free! They are refreshing it soon as well apparently

hoping on Sirius Minerals too

2 Likes

Yahoo finance is good for tracking your portfolio and it’s free. Great wealth of information to :+1:t2:

1 Like

Plenty of us is hoping on sxx as I can see

5 Likes

For a second there I was like “a bond etf? Sure it’s not bad but hardly a star”

Then I realised I was thinking of SLXX :nerd_face:

1 Like

First Solar for me (FSLR)

Up 25% last month - sadly only bought 1 share though.

I don’t know why I didn’t buy Disney, I knew about the news such a long time ago and procrastinated.

2 Likes