Zoom AAA #6: Ask Adam Anything: Freetrade CEO & Founder, Adam Dodds. 19th May @ 8PM

EDIT 1: [Zoom link deleted] Thank you all for joining!

Following last week’s jam-packed AAA (Ask Adam Anything) Zoom meetup with Adam, where we hit the 300-person limit on Zoom, Freetrade CEO and founder @adam will be back on to take your questions. We’re working to increase our Zoom participant capacity to 1,000 :wink:

Tuesday 19th May
8 PM

The best topics

• Crowdfunding
  • Product
  • Vision and company stuff

If you are planning to come

• Like this post, so we get a sense of the crowd size
  • Post any questions below
  • Like the questions Adam should tackle first
111 Likes

Can he tell us more about Freetrade Plus?

General Overview
Costs
Options etc

Thanks

23 Likes

Yeah, I’m just here living my best life off my trust fund so don’t feel excluded :man_shrugging:

3 Likes
  • What is the percentage split of users between iOS and Android?

• Do you think it’s a problem that the Freetrade app, despite having a fairly good rating, is quite far down the “top free apps” list for finance apps? If so, do you have a plan to get it higher?

5 Likes

How will you advertise over the next 3 years to gain more customers?

I like the blog posts you’re creating about investing - is educating a millennial generation a core strategy for FT?

How many customers are being bought in by the referral free share scheme? what are the metrics?

With Bitcoin gaining traction in the markets - will this product be available on FT?

2 Likes

looking forward to Tuesday :v:

Will never stop asking… Any plans for Greece expansion? :rofl:

Need to be sure I can continue to invest through Freetrade if I go back home.

On a serious note though, if Freetrade launches in a EU country, what prevents people from other EU countries to invest through the platform? I thought that EU regulations allow that

5 Likes

When will the roadmap be updated?

5 Likes

European shares: When and which countries/exchanges?

2 Likes
  • In the last AAA you spoke about how impressive Freetrade’s organic growth is however do you have any paid marketing planned in the near future? and if so, what channels?

• Apart from noise in the community how do you decide what features should take priority?

Congrats on the crowdfunding round and see you on Tuesday :raised_hands:

1 Like

In the crowdfund pitch documents, you don’t account for many customers in Europe in 2020 and we only see the ramp up in 2021 even though you are already in beta in the Netherlands and Ireland. Does this mean you don’t expect to launch in Europe in 2020 in any European countries? And if so are you concerned you could be losing valuable customers and giving competitors more time to steal a march?

5 Likes

Regarding Plus, once it is rolled out will the “free months of Alpha” be activated for the investors that had this as a perk from the previous rounds?

Will there be some sort of a free period for everyone to try it out like there was for ISA?

Finally, will you still provide the option for an ISA only account for £3 per month or will this be merged with being Plus as the only option for ISA?

7 Likes

When will REITS be available for ISA accounts

4 Likes

Regarding Freetrade Plus - Excited to hear what features are included.
I would personally like to see some kind of news / research service that pulls up related articles for equities in my watchlist / portfolio (WeBull or Yahoo Finance do it well)… Perhaps also developing the in house educational content (weekend read) to more frequent market research commentary.

I realise this is not exactly a question :joy: - Maybe Adam can comment further if this is not on the feature list.

1 Like

Are you planning any subscription levels above Plus?

5 Likes

What really is the difference between Alpha and FTPlus? Alpha was in R2, R3, R4 as an investment perk. Has that been renamed to FTPlus? Does Alpha eligibility translates to FTPlus?

3 Likes

Alpha and Freetrade Plus are the same, see here

2 Likes

Will LISA / Lifetime ISAs be coming soon (this year) as part of Freetrade Plus? I’m ready to pull the trigger and get one but I’d rather have it at Freetrade than another competitor!

That’s the kind of feature that would make me happy to pay monthly for Freetrade Plus.

5 Likes