Zoom AAA #6: Ask Adam Anything: Freetrade CEO & Founder, Adam Dodds. 19th May @ 8PM

Regarding Plus, once it is rolled out will the ā€œfree months of Alphaā€ be activated for the investors that had this as a perk from the previous rounds?

Will there be some sort of a free period for everyone to try it out like there was for ISA?

Finally, will you still provide the option for an ISA only account for Ā£3 per month or will this be merged with being Plus as the only option for ISA?

7 Likes

When will REITS be available for ISA accounts

4 Likes

Regarding Freetrade Plus - Excited to hear what features are included.
I would personally like to see some kind of news / research service that pulls up related articles for equities in my watchlist / portfolio (WeBull or Yahoo Finance do it well)ā€¦ Perhaps also developing the in house educational content (weekend read) to more frequent market research commentary.

I realise this is not exactly a question :joy: - Maybe Adam can comment further if this is not on the feature list.

1 Like

Are you planning any subscription levels above Plus?

5 Likes

What really is the difference between Alpha and FTPlus? Alpha was in R2, R3, R4 as an investment perk. Has that been renamed to FTPlus? Does Alpha eligibility translates to FTPlus?

3 Likes

Alpha and Freetrade Plus are the same, see here

2 Likes

Will LISA / Lifetime ISAs be coming soon (this year) as part of Freetrade Plus? Iā€™m ready to pull the trigger and get one but Iā€™d rather have it at Freetrade than another competitor!

Thatā€™s the kind of feature that would make me happy to pay monthly for Freetrade Plus.

5 Likes

Hi, its exciting to hear the news of the upcoming plus account and the start of Freetrades path to profitability. As an ISA holder I am keen to know if the plus account features will wrap into the ISA account, or if I will need to hold both accounts to get all features at Ā£3 + Ā£9.99 a month.

1 Like

Of the 150,000 cumulative customers, how many have reinvested into the platform more than once? And can you provide us a view of the churn rate of customers that create an account and then become ā€˜inactiveā€™?

2 Likes

Are there plans to grow the ā€œuniverseā€ at a faster pace? I am aware that the introduction of the fractional shares feature will introduce a long list of new shares but I often post requests and it seems there isnā€™t an active push to get user requests added quickly. There doesnā€™t seem to be much interaction in this space.

Moving forward, could Freetrade commit to expanding the ā€œuniverseā€ quicker, in line with customer demand?

Thanks!

2 Likes

This may be covered elsewhere so I apologise if so, but is a plan for a browser-based dashboard on the roadmap? For me, makes portfolio managing a touch easier.

6 Likes

This will, no doubt, be one of the hot topics of the eveningā€¦

With the imminent release of Freetrade Plus and the rumoured Ā£9.99 monthly fee, how do you plan to offer a compelling product that doesnā€™t lessen or dilute your status as the ā€˜simple and free trading platformā€™??

Charging a fee that some people may regard as high could suddenly put you in the same conversation as the competitors you previously undercut so significantly. How confident are you that youā€™ll have a healthy uptake at this price given most people gravitated to the platform because it was free.

Could a more reasonable fee of something like Ā£5.99 / Ā£6.99 ensure you maintain a competitive edge? or could you share the features that justify the rumoured price?

Thanks!

10 Likes

I have seen on another platform in the US (M1), that you can set a portfolio target % for stocks/funds and then configure to auto-invest to buy the relevant items to keep your portfolio balanced automatically rather than having to buy each individually.

Definitely a nice to have more than essential but it this on the radar? Thanks

Secondly, again a nice to have, but will it be possible to view and create different ā€˜portfoliosā€™, as a way of tidying my investments (i.e. I have a portfolio for growth vs a dividend based portfolio for example)

2 Likes

FYI all, I did find this, which suggests that the web dashboard may be >6 months out Trello

Questions:

1. What are the general plans for a liquidity opportunity?
  2. I know many people in Russia/Ex Eastern Bloc countries desperate to get on board with this: Do we have plans to expand into that marketplace and if so can you expand?
    2.1 Do you need presence in that market/are there work opportunities for shareholders connected there with director level/entrepreneurial experience?
2 Likes
  1. The web based interface seems to be on the back burner (>6months on the roadmap) but I feel like youā€™re really missing a trick here. M1 Finance in the US is a really good example and barometer for how powerful and useful a web based version of the platform could be. Are there plans to use the web version to really push the platform/app in new directions??

2. Would you introduce some sort of frequent poll or means of feedback from the user base to inform ongoing decisions with the roadmap and universe of stocks?? I think there is a opportunity to approach this in a more engaging and active wayā€¦ just look at the stock request page on the forum, itā€™s static and no one would know if their request is even being looked into following sufficient votes etc

Thanks!

9 Likes

freetrade is great and getting greater . thank you ā€¦ 1 when will fractional shares hit the uk side of freetrade 2 will you be able to buy whole as well as fractional shares in the near future

3 Likes

Will the Ā£2 minimum apply to auto reinvesting

4 Likes

Hi! Looking forward to this.
My two questions ;

1. Is there any plans to be able to filter on dividends in the activity feed, and also to see these when you click on a stock in your portfolio?
  2. I much prefer Freetrade to Trading 212, however on my youtube channel people never ask me for a referral to Freetrade as it involves waiting. Most tend to just click on the easy Trading 212 link. Do you have any plans to move towards a consistent referral link, in the same way?
3 Likes
  1. Do you plan to have an app for the Freetrade community forum ?

2. Will you increase the Apple Pay allowance ?