Bacanora Lithium - ⛏ 🔋 - BCN

14m is just the cash payout. Ganfeng are obligated to purchase Sonora production as part of the deal 50% at first stage 75% thereafter at market rates.

Ganfeng also paying 22.5% of mine costs (so $100m) and Bacanora have funding through RK for another $120m or so, so they’re over halfway to the desired funding amount.

If they can get to production stage (always a risk with junior miners), they should be fine. I flitter from confident to not so confident with Bacanora and if I could skip 5 years into the future (and come back) this would be the stock I’d check.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Do you know if Bacanora are involved in the production of lithium hydroxide? It seems the Sonora project currently only produces lithium carbonate (link). The reason I ask is that the MF article states that due to its ease of processing for battery applications lithium hydroxide could be more widely used in future.

1 Like

From my own research it suggests the production of carbonate only, as it seems that the factory equipment and know-how are tweaked towards this process.

How easy it would be to modify production, I do not know unfortunately :confused:

There’s not been much activity for a while until recently. Since start of October, share price has shot up by around +72.83% for the month and +9.8% on the year.

4 Likes

Any reason for the steep rise in SP?

Yeah I sold a few weeks ago :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Anyone have info on the why price is :arrow_up::arrow_up:

It’s absolutely sending it this morning :see_no_evil:

1 Like

How much would anyone recommend buying Bacanora now?

Because I sold my holdings, things tend to go up when I sell…

3 Likes

Long hold until 2023?

Their Twitter is quite active

https://twitter.com/bacanoral?s=21

Definitely sound interesting. But AIM listing and young. So high risk IMOH

3 Likes

Up 30% in the last week. Why?!

1 Like

2 Likes

Is this why the price dropped so much yesterday ???

They did a share placing at 0.45, so the price dropped down to more or less the same level

Should also be looking at $ALUS the company’s lithium batteries are by far the least expensive and the most efficient. And based in the battery hub, Norway with all the supply agreements they need. Not currently on FT though…

Looks like gangfeng are buying them out at 65p

3 Likes

Nice, defo take that from them!