Bacanora Lithium - ⛏ 🔋 - BCN

Haven’t heard anything, and still missing my investment from my portfolio balance.

Ideally, I’d just like my money back and forget I was ever in this stock.

1 Like

Strange - it’s still showing in my portfolio, and will even let me buy / sell

Hi. Have you contacted hello@freetrade.io?

@Rajan07, I have the same issue and contacted support when it happened a while back. They assured me that the ‘conversation log’ between myself and FT support could be used as my proof of purchase/holding which to be honest did the opposite of filling me with confidence that my investment is in safe hands…
Given it’s not an isolated issue it would be great to get an official FT update on this. As mentioned before, the shares/money just completely disappeared and did not even show in the activity log. Anyone with a small holding might not even have noticed.
Thanks

Thanks for this background, I’ll escalate this now.

1 Like

Thank you, appreciate it:)

1 Like

I’d be interested if anyone gets a different answer than me. I just get . We’re waiting an update from corporate. I’m worried about the inconsistency, so yeah, I’d like proof my holding is safe wherever it is.

Hi. I’ve been informed an update was sent out in November about this.

Can you DM or contact hello@freetrade.io again and they’ll be able to re-share the content of that update?

Thanks

Thanks Rajan. I get the general “your shares have been removed from your portfolio” / “calendar has been suspended” message(s), but I think the FT app could do more to visualise these phenomena. It would certainly reduce support demand across stuff that the FT app doesn’t do yet (i.e. even a tool-tip!)

Loss-aversion is a powerful driver, so at least showing those shares or funds exist somewhere in the ether would be a powerful improvement - even if the stock was greyed out in the list of a customer’s investments.
(I know improvements will come, and I remain a huge FT fan.)

Re. The stock, I was disappointed that banacora so readily accepted the offer (even before it was revised), and that was my personal reason for opting to exit my position.

3 Likes

Hi. Hope you had a good weekend.

Thank you for this detailed feedback, I’ll pass it on to the team.

Rajan

1 Like

Looks like it’s becoming inevitable.

1 Like

“Another potential hurdle was regulatory approval in Mexico, where Bacanora’s mines are located, but Ganfeng confirmed last week that this had now been granted.”

So it seems like this is done. Ganfeng have got a bargain and I’ve got some shares of Zinnwald which is a company I don’t know much about at all.

Luckily even at the takeover price I’m 100%+ in the green. It must really suck for people who’ve been holding a long time and are losing money on it!

Seems like it is in progress at least. I’ve gained 200 ZW shares, but what was my BCN shares have yet to become anything other than vapour. I guess this means they will appear somewhere, sometime.

1 Like

One step closer to our vanished money reappearing.

1 Like

God bless us, every one!

Regarding the Zinnwald Lithium shares received… have these been anchored to the Bacanora Lithium average share price within the FT app (that we once had) ? i.e. the app is showing a % loss for me, yet I know the takeover price was well above my average.

1 Like

So… 12 days and still no Bacanora money showing up in my portfolio…

Can we close this thread once the cash has been distributed please? When it arrives can you shout @DirkDickens when you get it?

Any conversation about Zinnwald can be found and carried on here

I was leaving it until two weeks from receiving the ZW shares before chasing due to Xmas, even some estimated timescale would be great.