Cryptocurrencies - Megathread⚡️

Litecoin, Ripple, Ethereum, and Stella. On the other hand maybe it’s better to stick with more mainstream ones so Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum.

Guess it depends what the crypocurrency market is like. We might finally have THE coin to rule all coins, perhaps a FREETRADE COIN :money_mouth_face:

Off topic but somewhat relevant but here’s a German company using Bitcoin to ease loan transfers:

2 Likes

The newly announced and Bloomberg-accredited BGCI benchmark index is a good starting point for identifying ‘institutionally relevant’ assets (my emphasis).

https://www.bloomberg.com/company/announcements/bloomberg_galaxy_launch_cryptocurrency_index/

2 Likes

http://bit.ly/2rP8aiN

Stay safe out there!

1 Like

More crypto exposure… XRP is now on my watchlist :eye:

This is really interesting, especially

Ultimately, we can envision a world where we may even work with regulators to tokenize existing types of securities, bringing to this space the benefits of cryptocurrency-based markets — like 24/7 trading, real-time settlement, and chain-of-title.

https://blog.coinbase.com/our-path-to-listing-sec-regulated-crypto-securities-a1724e13bb5a

2 Likes

Agree, it’s a race to the middle and very interesting to see how the crypto guys are eyeing equity through a blockchain lens, I expect a few crypto players to follow suit.

Many hoops to jump through I’m sure!

1 Like

This in the FT today is essential reading i’d say:

3 Likes

Speaking of wallets, which are the trustworthy online wallets out there, or are most people putting them on their computers ?

2 Likes

Online, MyCrypto is probably regarded as one of the safest wallets.

On mobile I use the BRD wallet, super simple and sleek interface and also supports multiple cryptos.

However, if you’re ‘HODLing’ it’s definitely worth getting a hardware wallet.

1 Like

And since we’re talking about wallets, check out TokenCard, another super exciting London FinTech startup.

They’ve built the first Consumer Grade Contract Wallet which will be linked with a debit card for spending.

I believe it could act as a catalyst for mass adoption of crypto, you can literally ‘be your own bank’ and then spend your crypto pretty much anywhere.

1 Like

There is hardware wallet company, whose name escapes me, that only support btc, etherum and something else. Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve only just joined the community today, and based on the discussions in this forum, I’m glad I’m onboard.

2 Likes

Yeh, I’ve heard of. It’ll be interesting to see how this takes over. Cheers.

1 Like

No worries! I’m new round here too!

You might be thinking of Ledger, they’re by far the most popular.

2 Likes

Nano Ledger, Trezor?

1 Like

Exodus software wallet or the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet are the 2 most popular that I’ve come across. Personally, I’m happy leaving mine on exchanges because my holdings are not significant but if they were to be in future I’d use the 2 above.

I’d highly recommend this lady’s channel as she covers all things crypto for U.K. users (including tutorials for both wallets mentioned):

I appreciate all the responses and suggestions.

2 Likes

This is a good read

5 Likes

Hypnotist :crystal_ball:

Me working in M&A/Investment Banking before starting Freetrade:

4 Likes

Crypto definitely went to hell this week. Symbolism :six::six::six:. Talk about Monday Blues: