Freetrade API

Hi All,

Recently created an account, love the service and want to integrate software with my portfolio. I have found an unofficial python wrapper online to integrate with Freetrade but seems so limited in support and very infant stage.

I donā€™t see why the APIā€™s are not documented into something like Postman so everyone can see the API and code their platform to however they see fit.

If you are a company that values feedback then you shouldnā€™t presume that API requirement isnā€™t something beneficial like some on here. API interfaces have transformed industries where bots can transact and I have helped companies in the same way.

Can you confirm your roadmap for API access? Or community effort to develop?

Seems like a feature that already exists but undocumented!

Thanks again and appreciate your response

Kind Regards

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a big Zoom meeting next week. Keep an eye on the forum as I imagine there will be a way to submit questions for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll add my support for this.

While an app is fantastic for easy access, it doesnā€™t lend itself to more complicated functionality, such as stacked buy/sell orders, portfolio level stop losses etc. Couple this with free trades then this is a very powerful proposition.

While there probably isnā€™t the overall demand in the community to support these features, 3rd party developers can fulfill the micro demand for this.

Some of the most successful software of the past few years, such as Wordpress and Shopify have been based around excelling at their core functionality and allowing a community of 3rd party developers to grow and support the community.

1 Like

Any update on the API support for the app?

1 Like

Any news on this?