ISAs sneak peak

Looks amazing! Can’t wait for this and US shares to be available.

Is there a rough timeline?

ISA is a fantastic news.

1 Like

@Freetrade_Team_Design Looks good.

Screenshot looks like you need to select one option or the other. Can you have both accounts?

Are you changing the app’s colour scheme from pink to blue?

I would like to be able to set the maximum I want to invest in the Freetrade ISA, for example set 10k out of 20k and then have Freetrade avoid exceeding this.

Looking forward to the ISA. Can’t wait to get my teeth stuck into it :moneybag:

1 Like

Looks good, very eager for this!! You could consider adding:
-An information bubble :information_source: to explain more about info about ISA’s.
-Something that reassures people that they can get an ISA at a later date if they select basic.
-Or maybe have a link to intercom or a community page for someone who needs help deciding?

5 Likes

No way, we’re team pink through and through! This is just a wireframe not quite into the full visuals yet. Although admittedly this is a fairly high fidelity wireframe so we can move as quickly as possible to build.

All good points @Rob14, thanks for the insight! Specifically, I like the idea of showing more information about ISAs.

4 Likes

Building on @Rob14’s info bubble I would like to have an ISA FAQ link where I can get my top 10 questions answered (e.g. can I move my general account funds into the ISA and they stay tax free)

3 Likes

Stupid question but I’ve fiddled a lot so far with my stocks. Can I still tinker if it’s inside an ISA wrapper? If not shouldn’t that be part of the selection process.

Would standard account be the top option rather than the bottom option?

You can tinker to your hearts content, but remember once you withdraw cash from the isa it counts against your allowance for that year.

Edit: To clarify once you put cash in it counts against that year, so if you take it out you can’t “put it back” so to speak.

1 Like

Once the ISA is available, how do I get my stock in my Freetrade account into my ISA?

Thanks everyone for your feedback & questions so far! :bowing_man:

This is a pretty early sneak peak, in terms of our design of the product so we don’t have the answers to all of your questions yet but we will answer them later on.

So please do carry on sharing your thoughts & we’ll take them into consideration while we’re working on this or answer what we can of course.

1 Like

Any chance Freetrade could consider a flexible ISA? :thinking:
It allows withdrawing and injecting money back without a reduction of your annual allowance. (@Freetrade_Team1)

Good news for you:

3 Likes

I’ve just moved the discussion about the pricing of ISAs to it’s own topic, as this thread was getting a bit swamped, to give everyone space to share other bits of feedback here too now.

5 Likes

I am looking forward to the SIPP one.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a way around that - the ‘Bed & ISA’ process can be used but it still involves a sell / buy pair ( with potential associated Stamp Duty and price spread costs ) .

Whilst you are correct, that may potentially be avoidable :wink: :

2 Likes

I thought that it mean transferring ISA to ISA but it isn’t 100% clear

1 Like

Yes that’s not that clear - we are working on a process to enable you to transfer your investments from your Freetrade Account / GIA to your ISA at the moment. We haven’t finalised how that’ll work at this point though.

Will Freetrade allow the transfer of ISAs from other providers?

Not when ISAs are released.