Lets talk about SIPPs & your plan

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the long weekend. I’ve just opened a SIPP with Freetrade and thinking over what I want to invest in. I won’t be transferring my pension in, just going to save a monthly amount.

Would anyone be willing to share their SIPP Portfolio, to give me some inspiration for my research? It would be helpful to get some ideas, as I’m feeling there is just so much choice and I’m possibly not considering some investments which I should be. Obviously not looking for amounts, just the stock choice you have made. I will be doing my own research, not looking for any investment advice but it would be really helpful for me to get some starting points and mull over ideas. Thanks :blush:

Emmie, mine is a mix … But I only hold 3 single stocks in my SIPPs

The remainder are funds or ETFs.

Global All Cap
VG US Equity (S&P 500)
Nasdaq 100
L&G Global Tech
L&G Automation
L&G US Equity
L&G UK Equity

I’ve a few others such as emerging markets, India etc…

If I had your timeline I’d go for S&P 500 & Global All Cap.

1 Like

@Optimisery thanks for this, I was hoping you would comment, as I know you have a SIPP. This is really helpful and gives me a great starting point. Hope you are making the most of the sunshine today x

1 Like

@Optimisery which one?

The first two are essentially the same, Vanguard All World ETF, just that I realised belatedly that the accumulating one (VWRP) was available as well as the income paying VWRL.

As I’m, ahem, more mature, I’ve got some bonds (including variations not in the snapshot) and those bottom three are all defensive investment trusts, which will hopefully minimise the affects of inflation.

2 Likes

I’d always pick accumulating.

2 Likes

@weenie thank you! Massive help getting to see what others have gone for and will save me some time with my researching :grinning: think the S&P 500 is a good starting point for me and then branch out as the amount grows.

2 Likes