Airbnb - ABNB - Share Chat

What other platform is going to give you access the second the market opens? Just out of interest.

1 Like

Pretty certain institutional/accredited investors can access ipo’s but all retail investors count as secondary market. Super annoying but that’s how it is.

Knowing the lockup period for Airbnb would be useful.

Do we know how FreeTrade will inform users that the Airbnb ipo is live?

2 Likes

Normally mentioned on Twitter, and in the stock thread ( so here ).

2 Likes

They ll give you an in app notification as well.

3 Likes

Does anyone know at what price door dash became available on FT?

Somewhere in the $185 region

I’ve just realised none lol. I thought Trading 212 or eToro but found out it’s the same for them too.

1 Like

As the others have said, the moment Airbnb is available on your app we’ll send out:

• Push notifications
  • Social posts
  • An update on this thread
  • Psychic messages to everyone who likes this post

We’re glued to our internal pricing alerts to see when we see the pricing coming through.

Yesterday, we saw DoorDash go live on the secondary market shortly after 6 PM UK time:

We’d love to see Airbnb even earlier, but we just don’t know.

Stay tuned!

Capital at risk

17 Likes

The lock up is until 12.03.2021

1 Like

So does everyone think we’re going to miss the run by the time we get it? Or will a lot of overseas investors still buy and run up the price slightly more?

It probably will keep going up because people will buy the hype. But, personally, I’m waiting to see if it pulls back over the coming days/weeks/months.

3 Likes

Going to be a long afternoon wait…

2 Likes

While we’re waiting, the official IPO video from Airbnb and interview with Brian Chesky

3 Likes

Bloomberg just said ABNB likely open at $140!

5 Likes

As one of the companies who IPOd recently, I’d not be happy with the MA banks that lead the placement. Every IPO has started double the IPO price, which basically means the companies could have raised double for the same percent of shares.

1 Like

Hi guys I am new trader as I am observing the US market as whole hitting the lowest due to covid is Abnb stock worth it on ipo?? And how long u can hold the stock for??

ABNB might not be the best place to start if you are new (or even if you aren’t).

1 Like

The question is - where will it be when it’s available on FT!?

1 Like

Guessing it opens above $180

1 Like

Will fractional shares be available when it launches?

2 Likes