British American Tobacco šŸš¬ ā˜  - BATS

Rather than being able to buy them from a normal shop, they will now have to buy them on the black market from a seller who will likely also be selling stuff stronger than cigarettes.

3 Likes

This is always the main issue with outright bans, I agree.

Its not an issue our generation will have to deal with I dont thinkā€¦tobacco will be sold for decades to come.

Invest in tabacco, alcohol and fossil fuels.
Canā€™t go wrong. :blush: the staples of the world economy.

8 Likes

BATS adds 900,000 new customers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: https://www.lse.co.uk/rns/BATS/2023-first-half-pre-close-trading-update-65j8u2w38hq82dx.html

2 Likes

Yeah, Prohibition doesnā€™t work, it didnā€™t work for Alcohol in the US in the past, arguably it doesnā€™t work for harder drugs now. It just leads to an increase in associated crime.

2 Likes

One more, the weapons.

Oh joy. :face_holding_back_tears:

https://archive.ph/8u2pv

Gonna screw us all over if he does this.
This has been my top divi payer for years.

1 Like

Iā€™m basically intending to exit BATS for good once it gets to a decent price. Smoking, vaping, etc are always going to be a legacy area of business and Iā€™m not convinced that tobacco companies have a longer-term future.

If you removed the UK market completely it wouldnā€™t make a dent on BATS revenue.

So no, Rishi isnā€™t going to impact the share price.

IMHO a backwards move for many reasons, lose of taxes, some people not smoking, some people moving to black markets and /or even less healthy or harder stuff, and another little step towards central planning of citizens lives by banning everything under the sun. Hope this doesnā€™t go far, but is worrying how thereā€™s people that thinks this is right, after years of PR campaigns

2 Likes

And with FT putting the skull and crossbones on the page ā€¦ I think we know where they stand on this :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

We can change the topics.

:blush:
Buy
we also go XD in 3 days time paying 57p

2 Likes

Yeah I probably did that.

1 Like

I always forget if it was Neil or NeilR who used to be the form admin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not me, it was Neil B :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Both Neils are awsome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gonna be fun carding the 37 year olds in the future.

3 Likes