BT is categorised as ‘Slow internet’ - Suggest changing it

I don’t like the result so would like a second referendum/people’s vote or whatever until I get the result I want…:rofl:

Seriously, I would have preferred the change but fair enough, the ‘majority’ has spoken.

8 Likes

As long as further discussions will not take 585 pages, I am fine with the result :joy:

7 Likes

DM me your email :+1:

2 Likes

Pity that Freetrade don’t seem to want to see the light on this one. Perhaps a letter to Sabine Chalmer, BT’s General Counsel, might be enough to nudge them in the right direction? Better to receive a threatening legal letter now rather than later methinks. I am a Freetrade shareholder and BT customer, but I would rather Freetrade received a cease and desist letter now, than carry on down the road of trendy but slanderous stock descriptions.

3 Likes

By nudge in the right direction you mean do exactly what you’ve decided is the right thing? The threat was a nice touch

4 Likes

While my vote didn’t win (and I liked the ‘fast internet’ idea), I am looking forward to the descriptions for US stocks :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Speaking of that..

3 Likes

It’s not about what I personally see as right or wrong. Companies, while autonomous entities, are still bound by the same overarching legal and regulatory frameworks which govern them and the macro environment in which they operate; they are not a law unto themselves. If I believe there is an instance of defamation here on a point of law, then i’m perfectly within my rights to fire off an email to the company concerned (BT), who are also within their rights to act upon, or ignore my letter. Majority opinion doesn’t really come into this. I’m just being a transparent snitch by informing you of my intention.

4 Likes

I also didn’t get this email, last newsletter I had was the October one from Toby? :man_shrugging:

Weird, I definitely got the email from Viktor

Really, do it. BT will ignore you.

1 Like

Sadly no surprise in the outcome, I also didn’t receive the Newsletter which is weird - when was it sent out?

Common sense should have prevailed, there are a million better ways to add flair to the app without resorting to derogatory and immature stock descriptions.

Let’s hope this issue doesn’t cause any unnecessary problems going forward, if it does it will be the definition of self inflicted damage.

7 Likes

Same here… last one from Victor was on 2/10 for the launch day… ? I’d be interested to know whether anyone who voted in favour of change in the community poll received the Newsletter? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I voted to keep the name and I didn’t get it either

2 Likes

I didn’t vote at all and I didn’t get the newsletter, but then I’ve missed emails from Freetrade before…

Feel like there’s a joke to be had about my “no vote” not counting…feel free to volunteer one.

Great to see that the majority of your users have a sense of humour. I voted on the forum, and got the emails.

I’m personally looking forward to more tongue in cheek descriptions in the future, it’s one of the things that makes Freetrade work for me.

I have no use for the release of full stats, it makes no odds to me. For all I know, you could have made it up that it was 70/30 and then you could say 700 wanted it to stay, 300 wanted it to change. What does this change? Nothing! Pretty sure there are some here that would then want names of all voters. Then contact details to ask how they each voted.

You aren’t ever going to keep all of the people happy all of the time. It won’t happen.

Hoping we can now move on from this and look forward to discussing more pressing topics about Freetrade, rather than silly things like this.

6 Likes

Hey, BT has a sale on their Standard Broadband right now:

7 Likes

Ohhh how much referral commission do they offer?

1 Like

Everyone, as Alex said, it was great to get everyone’s thoughts, from the measured ones to those full of passion to even those trying to organise lawsuits. You care, and we love you all. :purple_heart:

Now is a good time to accept the outcome, close down this debate, and focus on the big-ticket items that keep us busy. ISA testing is starting next week, and it’s not the only large feature on our immediate to-do list.

We will need your feedback. Please keep an eye out for sneak peeks and calls for early testers soon!

10 Likes

I’ve closed this topic to return everyone who voted for this idea’s votes to them.

Help us write descriptions for US stocks here Suggest US stocks descriptions.