Cloudflare have filed for an IPO

Cloudflare is a company i’ve been watching for some time, they’re a very solid player that power a significant part of internet traffic.

The company will trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “NET.”

Be interesting to see how this goes (and one I’d look at seriously).

Some interesting takeaways:

Today, our network spans 193 cities in over 90 countries and interconnects with over 8,000 networks globally, including major ISPs, public cloud providers, SaaS services, and enterprises. We estimate that we operate within 100 milliseconds of 98% of the Internet-connected population in the developed world, and 93% of the Internet-connected population globally (for context, the blink of an eye is 300-400 milliseconds). We intend to continue expanding our network to better serve our customers globally and enable new types of applications, while relentlessly driving down our unit costs.

We have experienced significant growth, with our revenue increasing from $84.8 million in 2016 to $134.9 million in 2017 and to $192.7 million in 2018, increases of 59% and 43%, respectively. As we continue to invest in our business, we have incurred net losses of $17.3 million, $10.7 million, and $87.2 million for 2016, 2017, and 2018, respectively. For the six months ended June 30, 2018 and 2019, our revenue increased from $87.1 million to $129.2 million, an increase of 48%, and we incurred net losses of $32.5 million and $36.8 million, respectively.

8 Likes

Interesting. I know they definitely seem to be growing users although not sure how I feel about them doing on the stock market.

Might be worth keeping an eye on though!

Nice move, liked their domain pricing.