Commodity Supercycle Thread

Hi,

Not sure if this is best in stock requests or stock discussions.

What I’m trying to start is a thread where people can recommend stocks in the commodity space that will benefit from the likely upcoming supercycle.

Thinking about the following:

1. Steel Stocks ( I know FT already has a few here to be fair)
  2. Lithium
  3. Urnamium
  4. Alluminum
  5. Nickel
  6. Potash
  7. Copper
  8. Tin
  9. Platinum
  10. Any other rare earth metals

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Mark

Definitely discussions :+1: Requests should be for a single specific stock or the vote is meaningless.

2 Likes

Could do with more commodity ETFs tbh. I think the ones on offer at the moment are on the poor end of the returns scale.

Copper will also be worth looking at in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Solar power and Wind Power

I’m going to create a simialr thread in stock requests and put exact stocks, this will help I think.

2 Likes

When it comes to uranium I would recommend the following. All of these are currently listed on the Trading212 platform so hopefully this means that it would be handy for Freetrade to add!

These 3 stocks are ones that I would love freetrade to add:
URG: Ur-Energy
UUUU: Energy Fuels
DNN: Denison Mines

These are stocks that have already been added to Freetrade!
UEC: Uranium Energy Corp.
CCJ: Cameco
NXE: Next Era Energy

1 Like

In addition to what has already been mentioned, I would recommend keeping your eye on tin, silver, the platinum group metals (pgm’s) and possibly gold.

Cheers
Matt

Regarding Uranium, don’t forget “Yellow Cake” which I believe is already listed on FT.

Matt

2 Likes

I reread the FTs really nice summary from May and decided to exit my small ex-energy Commodity position that was 30+% up. Personally believe slowing China/US growth will hamper a broad “supercycle”, and certain of the most volatile moves such as timber and iron were caused by specific supply/demand dynamics, of which some have already started to reverse. I’m unsure of the “one last spike” in oil as demand may start reducing far faster than expected and there is actually plenty of spare capacity, especially at the stroke of OPEC’s pen. Agricultural commodities can only rise so far before new production is created or government/social unrest intervenes. Also mostly being driven by China at the moment and their population will start to decline soon. Although climate change will probably make weather and therefore prices more volatile.

Ultimately there’s only a solid bull case for copper and a few selected other metals and elements in extreme short supply so I’m keeping JLP for that exposure.

FT link: Markets weigh prospect of new commodities supercycle - Markets weigh prospect of new commodities supercycle | Financial Times via @FT

1 Like