Darktrace - DARK - Share Chat

I should add I have bought more while the price is less than 500 only time will tell if that was a clever move or a huge mistake

Am I being silly but, people keep selling at certain prices, why do they do that why not keep letting it climb :thinking:

1 Like

people keep selling at certain prices, why do they do that why not keep letting it climb

welcome to the stock market :joy:

1 Like

Because no one is buying it at higher prices

Not selling doesnā€™t necessarily mean the price will rise. High frequency traders are programmed to ride waves and sentiment so there will always be seller and buyer regardless of the price.

3 Likes

I bought at over Ā£6 so whatever happens youā€™ve done better than me

:+1:

Sadly no my average is north of six too

Iā€™m hoping for 10 again :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I hear you - Iā€™m in that region as well. Guess the long game is my best option now

1 Like

Iā€™m nearly 40% down and it hurts but I hope Darktrace can bounce back :crossed_fingers:.

3 Likes

Ouch - feel your pain (unfortunately)

2 Likes

Darktrace is dropping from the FTSE100 and into the FTSE250

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/ftse-100-posts-biggest-rise-since-july-darktrace-and-johnson-matthey-to-leave-in-reshuffle-ā€“-business-live/ar-AARkwbj

Sounds bad as a headline - but the opinion of Darkside at the end of the article is optimistic if anything. Iā€™ve lost about 17% at the moment, but thankfully 1/3 of my shares were when it was below Ā£4 and another 1/3 sub-Ā£5. I get twitchy watching it continue to drop, but I think itā€™s still a solid company in a market thatā€™s only going to grow, so still hoping this is a good long-term hold.

3 Likes

Interesting to see that Darktrace has initiated a buy back programme - so early in its listed life. To be honest am surprised that the company doesnā€™t have anything better to do with the money.

https://ir.darktrace.com/regulatory-news/2021/12/6/1533592

2 Likes

Here is a mad idea, why donā€™t you try and make a profit rather than juicing the share price to help the managements compensation.

4 Likes

I have always believed this was a decent long term hold but why they feel the need to do this is beyond me.

2 Likes

Just found this feature and Iā€™m kicking myself after reading the news articles linked above. Iā€™m 20 shares in at Ā£9.62.

All I can do is hold because I refuse to give up.

4 Likes

I bought at Ā£6.90 so down quite a bit

Not too many shares though and my other ā€˜saferā€™ investments are doing well

I am learning all the timeā€¦and Dark Trace has taught me a good few lessons

Iā€™ll hang on to them and look out for any good news when (or if) it comes along

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yes - Iā€™ve learnt a lot recently. Iā€™m over 700 shares in at 9 odd so Iā€™ve no choice but to look at the long term. Itā€™s bizarre to see some of the media coverage - just like the share price itā€™s been a roller coaster of highs and lows.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if it helps, but Iā€™ve been using DCA as an investment strategy. So instead of buying the stock at once, I mean using all my money, Iā€™m buying that little by little and with a small pre-determined amount, taking advantage of the dips and reducing my average price.

1 Like