eToro

Also, be aware of the $25 fee to withdraw your cash from eToro.

(JP) #22
The vast majority of retail customers will lose money (some eye-watering amounts and very quickly) and as a result, will be put off from investing for life. It is incredibly damaging and takes advantage of get rich quick mantras.

yeah, I feel ya, there is a lack of educational material, but then again, go to any stock exchange or whatever and its the same story. I think in the end of the day it is our responsibility to understand what we are getting ourselves into. Pesonally I think etoro is quite bad at the education part… just look at a broker like IQ Option instead, I think they are MILES ahead of the competition both in terms of how advanced their trading platform is but also on the education part…

But in all honestly not even the NY STOCK EXCHANGE is educating their users on investing or exactly how it works. Its the same crap :slight_smile:

In the end of the day I would recommend external education such as books, or readily avalible content on free website. Just google search and you shall find what you are looking for.

(Alex Sherwood) #23

It is but at the same time, I’m not sure whether the majority of users do. After all, if more users were aware of this, would they use these platforms?

There’s quite a big difference between buying stocks via the NYSE & using things like leverage in my humble opinion.

(Luke Bebbington) #24

Would be interesting to survey customers of CFD brokers and get their view on those stats. Unbelievably bad.

(Jeff puckering) #25

Is it the same story? Is there any data on the % of customers of a stock exchange that loose money?

P.s. no disagreement that better education should be looked at from all parties

eToro have a notoriously bad reputation.

The principle of piggy backing other investors public trades, encouraging action based on past performance, just reeks of a company up to no good.

I would stay well clear.