Fractions for all šŸ°

If theyā€™re judged to have sufficient liquidity I see no reason why not.

I hope so 65% of my portfolio

Spoke to Deividas on the chat and he said itā€™s only for stocks at the moment, and no commitment to apply it to ETFā€™s yetā€¦maybe if enough people request it may gain some momentum as I think it would be good if they could!

Deividas talking about Fractions eh? Thereā€™s a pun there somewhere :laughing:

3 Likes

Fractional ETFs are on the Freetrade roadmap for 3-6 months from now. So they should definitely come.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s in the context of fractionals coming for US stocks first. There are no US ETFs due to the KID related issue.

Do you have a target date for Fractions launch?

Hey, the minimum amount will be Ā£1 (equivalent in $) and weā€™ll allow up to eight decimal points of a share to be purchased, e.g. 0.00000001 :pizza:

8 Likes

We canā€™t say exactly when, but weā€™re definitely talking only weeks now.

The feature has been demoā€™d internally and internal testing is about to commence. There may be a small beta test coming up, so anyone in the beta tester group should stay tuned.

13 Likes

Any update on new stocks being added and has the migration finished ?

4 Likes

In the announcement the list of 250 is claimed to be made up of both stocks and ETFs. Is this the case?

1 Like

The batch of 250 coming up will be US stocks, and we do not provide US ETFs for the reason @Viktor mentions above. There is a section about US ETFs in the announcement:

US ETFs. We canā€™t add ETFs which are listed only on US exchanges, as they do not publish a KID (key information document) which is currently a legal requirement in the UK.

Danā€™s post above is in the context of UK and European fractionals, which will be both for stocks and ETFs.

1 Like

Van Eck US Wide Moat ETF would be good, uses the investment philosophy of Warren Buffet by identifying large cap companies that have a strong defensive moat around them, but are undervalued and likely to perform well over the long term.

Would be a good more defensive fund to hold during a downturn.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and updates @Freetrade_Team

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry just to be clear I understand we canā€™t have US ETFs. What Iā€™m trying to work out is whether normal GBP ETFs listed on the LSE will be added in this next batch of 250 stocks.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s answered all the same?

In the blog post it specifically mentions US stocks and ETFs. I assumed they just meant GBP ETFs rather than US ones. I am just desperately waiting to hear if more ETFs are coming. If not I will have to build my portfolio elsewhere.

1 Like

Do you expect fractionals to be live this tax year?

1 Like

Any update?:kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like
7 Likes